Consistently contributes to the success of the Mortgage Loan Officer and their team by meeting standards of excellence in project management, marketing, analytical and administrative support. Additionally, a Mortgage Loan Assistant II supports the loan officer by taking application information and providing phone/email coverage when the LO is away from the office with supervision by LOA Supervisor and/or another loan officer.
Essential Functions include:
- Take ownership of the mortgage loan process from application to funding, acting as project manager with minimal supervision
- Interact with members, loan officers, fellow LOA’s, processors, underwriters, closers, title agents and real estate professionals in a collaborative and professional manner
- Schedule and attend pipeline meetings for loans in process
- Communicate loan progress to borrower and real estate agents
- Effectively manage purchase contract and lock expiration dates, anticipating areas of concern and bringing them to the attention of the loan officer and processor, assist as needed to meet those deadlines
- Prepare and submit appraisal reconsiderations, rapid rescore requests and loan committee reviews with guidance from loan officer, or LOA Supervisor
- Responsible for maintaining TRID compliance in providing mortgage disclosures throughout the process
- Continued knowledge development of loan origination software, compliance requirements, ECU systems and procedures, loan structure/pricing and underwrite guidelines
- Develop and create best practices for SOPs, workflows and loan origination software
- Prepare and implement marketing ideas and support to expand loan officer referral partners and book of business
- Assist mortgage operations staff, as needed
- Maintain a professional work environment and business-like appearance
- Exemplify the company's culture and core values in all workplace interactions and settings
- Adhere to all Federal/State laws and governing regulations applicable to mortgages and the credit union
- Adheres to all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations governing the Credit Union, including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
Mortgage LOA Manager
This role does not have supervisory responsibility
Building Partnerships, Planning and Organizing, Influencing, Quality Orientation, Decision Making, Work Standards
Required Education and Experience:
- Equivalent to a high school education
- Minimum two years mortgage experience
- Knowledge of Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac guidelines, mortgage regulations and TRID compliance
- Familiarity with mortgage loan programs, structure, options and pricing
- Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, discretion and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Candidate must have an ability to foster positive work relationships with people both inside and outside the organization.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Mortgage sales experience preferred
This job operates in an office setting and routinely uses standard office equipment. Elevations uses multi-factor authentication to keep our data safe. As such, a personal smart phone is a requirement for employment with us.
Sitting frequently, walking occasionally, use of hands frequently, hearing constantly, talking frequently, exerting up to 10 lbs of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time / 40 hours per week
Average trended total compensation for this role is $99,223 between base pay and variable incentives.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.