Visa sponsorship is NOT available
We are not accepting recent graduates at this time.
Please submit a recent resume in MS Word format in addition to a DETAILED cover letter
We are seeking an experienced data scientist. The successful candidate will transform information into insight to drive our continued growth, and to understand how we can service our clients better. The data scientist role combines internal and external sources of data to paint a clear picture of who our clients are, and how they engage with our products and services. Identifying interesting and useful trends in this data and, formulate hypotheses on how we can leverage these trends to improve our offering and grow our client base. You will see your insights turned into action as we test and implement changes to take advantage of your analysis.
We are a direct access electronic broker catering to the needs of professional and frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors, and introducing brokers. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
- Identify, analyze and pinpoint trends and patterns in our data sets that we can leverage to further our growth
- Communicate and present your findings to executives and key stakeholders
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and strategic objectives using a data-driven approach
- Interact with executives and managers to identify information needs based around the products and services we offer to track how they are being used by our clients
- Design and improve our data collection and database designs to optimize efficiency and improve the data quality
- Acquire data from internal and external data sources that can be used to enhance our data sets and improve analysis
- Masters in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or hard science fields
- 5+ years' experience in a data science or data analysis roles
- Hands on knowledge of mining and analyzing data sets to extract meaningful trends
- Experience using statistical programming languages or tool kits for analyzing large, complex data sets
- Technical proficiency with optimizing data collection, database design, data mining and modeling/analysis
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Expert problem-solving skills and creative thinking ability
- Ability to distill and present key findings to managers and other stakeholders (both technical and non-technical individuals)
- Project management skills with experience planning and coordinating full-project lifecycle for data and research focused projects
Job classification: Professionals
Location: New York, NY
Skills: data science, data analysis, mining and analyzing data sets, statistical programming languages, Experience with Machine Learning, hypotheses based on brokerage metrics, customer data
For immediate consideration, Please submit a recent resume in MS Word format in addition to a DETAILED cover letter with salary expectations.