- Understand general accounting and tax procedures based on the level of service provided
- Prepare and/or review tax returns for business returns (partnership, "C" corporation, "S" corporation, Not-for-Profit) and individuals
- Identify and communicate tax planning ideas for clients, including tax research, computations and related documentation
- Display advanced knowledge of tax related matters on client assignments
- Plan and execute the day-to-day activities of tax engagements of various clients in accordance with Client Service Standards
- Identify and communicate accounting matters to other engagement team members
- Direct communication with clients
- Review tax return preparation of tax staff and provide review notes, when appropriate
- Supervise the tax staff assigned to the engagement, when appropriate
- Identify performance improvement opportunities in preparation and review of client assignments
- All other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related degree
- CPA designation required
- Master’s degree in taxation is preferred
- A minimum of three years of current and or recent tax experience in public accounting
- Strong technical skills including the ability to effectively utilize technology and the commitment to learning in the technology environment
- Excellent analytical and leadership ability
- Have the ability to meet challenging client requirements, provide services, and possess strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and research abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel required).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strict adherence to professional ethics
- Ability to successfully contribute to the success of a strategic business unit of the firm
Location: Denver, CO: Will consider St. Louis or Chicago, IL as well
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in MS Word format in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectations.