This is hands-on position that is responsible for the design, development and implementation of fabrication processes for new printed electronic products that meet customer requirements – including product performance, quality standards, cost and delivery.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, improve, and maintain processes and procedures for R&D sampling, qualifications through high volume production including proper controls for flexible hybrid electronics and rigid applications across printed electronics and other arenas to meet customer and company specifications.
- Drive technical projects forward while utilizing a data-driven approach to develop repeatable and statistically-capable R&D and manufacturing processes and measurement systems.
- Accelerate development and commercialization of products – whether through customer discussions, new applications, new technologies, new materials, new vendor relationships (outsourcing), new capital/automation suggestions, etc.
- Lead and/or support prototype projects where novel processing is required.
- Test and qualify new materials used in printed electronics (inks, substrates, adhesives, components, etc.) to expand capabilities or find lower cost alternatives.
- Record and maintain all data in an in organized fashion in order to fully support experimental findings, product performance, and process capability. Present results in group settings where appropriate.
- Define, Develop and Support the Quality Management System by following existing documented procedures throughout development and production and developing new and/or modifying existing procedures as appropriate.
- Participate in material review board meetings and support production scrap reduction activities.
- Encourage, support and foster an environment of open communication between all department/divisional groups, facilities, Lisle and regional/global resources.
- Serve as liaison between sales, engineering, and manufacturing to ensure the orderly flow of information and materials.
- Determine preventative maintenance tasks, parts supply, safety procedures, and service schedule required to maintain machines and equipment in prescribed condition.
- Define, Develop and Understand, support and contribute to current Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Support and drive 6S programs and practices to maintain a safe working environment with good housekeeping practices.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Recommend equipment improvements and upgrades to enhance safety, reliability and capability
- Develop and conduct process training programs, demonstrating skills to trainees.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Research and Development, Process and Product Qualification and Design for Manufacturing of custom and novel conductive adhesives across various electronics applications.
B.S / MS in Electrical Engineering, Materials and/or Polymers Engineering, or related engineering discipline with emphasis on R&D, Design for Manufacturing and/or Custom Engineering.
- 5+ years experience working in a R&D/manufacturing setting related to electronics, flexible circuits, or conductive adhesives
- 5+ years experience with electronic conductive adhesives and/or SMT processes
- Experience utilizing an industry standard CAD software
- 5+ year of process engineering and equipment troubleshooting experience with flex circuits or roll-to-roll equipment in an industrial setting, preferably in the printed electronics field.
- Experience working within requirements of ISO 9001 /ISO 13485 or a similarly regulated QS
- Ability to handle diverse, multiple priorities; strong prioritization skills.
- Passion for learning, quick learner.
- Self motivated, driven
- Previous experience working for start-up / early revenue companies
- Working knowledge of electronics and simple circuits (Resistive , R-C, R-L, sensors); comprehends schematics
- Experience in executing Installation Qualification, Operational Qualification and Process and Product Qualification plans
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Software skills: CAD (2D/3D), Altium, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, Lab View
- Knowledge of printed electronics manufacturing processes: functional printing, converting, stamping, plating and assembly
- Must communicate clearly both orally and in writing. Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals and technical procedures. Ability to collect and analyze data, write convincing reports, work instructions and procedure manuals and present technical topics to diverse audiences.
- Exceptional organizational skills and documentation skills.
- Must be a team player who is willing to cooperate with and consider input from supervisor, coworkers and members from other areas of the business; must be able to play either lead or support on projects.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects at any given time and prioritize efforts as needed
- Ability to use standard software such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Minitab, CAD
- Willingness to work occasional overtime and weekends as needed to support project execution
- Travel as required to remote plants, facilities, customers or suppliers
- Formulation development of conductive adhesives
- Grant writing skills
- Author of patents
- Certified Six Sigma Green or Black Belt