Our company is a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is active at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
A Relocation package may be available for this position.
We have an immediate opening for a Lead Hardware Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. Our employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- IPT Lead for a small team (3-5 people) of mechanical and electrical engineers responsible for hardware design, development, documentation, and life cycle support.
- Understands and performs design and development in such areas as mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, thermodynamic, or heat transfer for production, transmission, measurement, and use of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines and/or machines. Also have a good understanding and working knowledge of electrical design, equipment, components, and systems.
- Leads development of strategic tasks or small to mid-size projects by applying engineering and organizational knowledge and expertise to achieve technical goals
- Provides technical input to Project or Engineering Management in linking project-related strategy to achieve business goals
- Monitors the project from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules and monitoring budget/spending
- Understands and interprets the technical, organizational and process aspects of the task assigned and can relate them to the technical needs of the overall project or organization
- Plans and executes small to mid-size projects or task elements within larger projects, organizations, or for groups of projects
- Responsible for the completion of assigned engineering tasks or mid-size projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines
- Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering tasks or small projects within area of assigned responsibility
- Actively uncovers technical and organizational risks and ensures they are included in risk mitigation plans
- Participates in development of program strategies and teaming strategies as they relate to the assigned project
- Participates in the development of executable project plans on proposals
- May provide leadership and/or direction to employees. Mentors lower labor grades in mechanical principles and project performance
- Creative, innovative responsibilities requiring advanced decision-making skills
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Carries out other tasks, not listed, assigned by supervisor
- Travel may be required
- Active DOD SECRET Security clearance required
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Develop and review engineering drawings and technical documentations. Proficient with using AutoCAD Inventor drawing and modeling software. Experience with hardware cabinets, enclosure, and structural design used in undersea platforms (i.e. submarines). Understand installation of equipment for thermal and mechanical stress/safety considerations. Good understanding and working knowledge of electrical hardware design and components.
- Strong experience with environmental qualification testing of hardware and system components, including EQT test development and execution.
- Strong experience and understanding with manufacturing and production processes, procedures, and standards (e.g. IPC620, ANSI, EIA, etc.). Support the build, inspection, and qualification of components, equipment, and assemblies.
- Solid understanding, experience, and working knowledge of the AN/BQQ-10 SONAR system.
- Program schedule and cost management and reporting. Understanding of EVMS is a plus.
- Strong communication skills. Interface with managers, engineering project and team leads, and customers. Able to lead and guide a small team.
- Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects with little direction
- Comfortable with multitasking and customer presentations.
- All Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Prefer proficient knowledge of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) tools
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing technical papers and proposals
- Demonstrated history of leading an engineering project and team
- Exercise creative thinking and ideation to advance our business performance.
- Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers changing business needs.
- Proficient and able to perform all responsibilities associated with the position
Proficient ability to handle more complex assignments
- Support and engage in programs, projects and practices behind company culture and strategy, and comply with all policies and procedures.
- Follow industry and department trends and developments to ensure company services are consistent with, and/or superior to, industry best practices.