About this Opportunity
Enterprise Application Support (EAS) provides centralized application and infrastructure support for all critical business applications and infrastructure support.
The Application Support Engineer role will be responsible for providing technical support of all the applications. The role will be executing all aspects of the operating procedures/runbooks within a predefined shift pattern. This role is expected to work closely with the required development teams, our Enterprise Infrastructure partners and our internal business clients to resolve and escalate technical support incidents where necessary.
- Support applications by providing monitoring, application, and system support for production application services client facing environments.
- Provide 24x7 support for event monitoring, incident triage and escalation
- Provide support to all jurisdictions on a shift basis, handling any activity for any region within the local time zone coverage
- Identify and implement efficiencies and improvements to standard processes and procedures such as automation through scripting, programming, etc.
- Contribute to projects by executing task deliverables and ensuring permit-to-operate (PTO) guidelines are met.
- Provide support for change management approval, execution for production application services
- Client support team engagement to assist with application related incidents, client testing and integrations
- Disaster recovery test planning and execution - application environment review, shutdown, start, verification, troubleshooting
- Access administration for application access to production application services
- Support management of resources that are involved in maintaining the host operating system on UNIX, Vmware and Windows servers as well as software subsystems such as databases, web server software, LDAP, and security subsystems.
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- API Technologies – Google Apigee, Rest API, JSON, JWT, OAuth
- Open source Technologies – Casandra, Zookeeper, Postgres, PostgresSQL, OpenLDAP, Qpid
- Middleware application administration/Support - WebSphere, Apache, Tomcat, MQ
- Platform – Red hat Linux, Windows
- Knowledge on Java technologies, AWS cloud, Clustering, Load balancing, Autosys, SSO, SAML
Who We Are
With over 40 years of experience, we are the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From our operating facilities and data centers around the world, we automate, centralize, and standardize the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle, mitigate risk for thousands of institutions worldwide and protect the stability of the global financial system. We’re also leaders in the digital transformation of post-trade processing, leveraging the latest fintech innovations to meet the evolving needs of our clients to reduce costs and enhance efficiencies.