Standard Homeopathic Company a well-established pharmaceutical manufacturing company has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager. Our company is over 100 years old and robustly growing.
Summary: The Project Manager is responsible for managing new technology projects from design through development and validation and start up phases. Lead cross-functional teams (including R&D, Manufacturing, Engineering, Validation and Facilities) to execute development projects to successful startup. Projects include manufacturing and packaging technologies located at internal and third-party manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead (coordinate, facilitate, and motivate) the efforts of the individual, team, and other resources associated with project activity.
- Manage projects within the established scope and the schedule agreed to with internal stakeholders.
- Develop project plans and schedules that represent the appropriate level of detail and task interdependency.
- Develop and document high-level strategies for achieving specific objectives or activities (hierarchical strategy, process flow, final project summary, etc.)
- Manage change and/or conflict within any project in an effective, timely, and appropriate manner.
- Professionally communicate verbally with a broad spectrum of audiences, ranging from outside contractors to internal senior level executives.
- Project responsibilities include defining scope, objectives, identifying resources, building timeline, and creating project documentation to meet established project goals.
- Responsible for project risk management (scope, schedule, costs, quality). Takes necessary steps to communicate, mitigate and develop contingency plans for identified risks.
- Closely monitors and tracks project activities to ensure project is adhering to agreed timelines. Monitors performance and makes recommendations.
- Prepares project status reports and regularly communicates and presents project status updates to stakeholders and management.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in science, Business, Industry or related fields.
- Five plus years of experience in FDA regulated environment such as Pharmaceutical, OTC, Biotech, Nutraceuticals, and/or cosmetics or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Five plus years of project management experience leading cross functional teams.
- Experience in working within or supporting technical teams and third-party suppliers; work experience in manufacturing, supply chain or in research & development is a plus.
- Knowledge and application of a disciplined project management process.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams with confidence and charisma. Ability to work with wide range of experience and skill levels, while appropriately holding team members accountable.
Ability to produce and present clear, concise, and professionally written communications and presentations.
Ability to use Project Management Tools and Principles to ensure completion of projects according to established goals. Computer application skills in MS Project and timeline preparation and maintenance and MS Office.
Strong business acumen, ability to discern facts from opinion. Capable of assessing complex situations and developing appropriate action plans