About this Opportunity
Please read the ENTIRE job description prior to applying.
Position can be based in either Dallas, TX or Tampa, FL
The Application Support Engineer role will be responsible for providing technical support
for the APIs hosted on Apigee.
The role will work in either morning shift or afternoon shift and rotate as required. This role is expected to work closely with the required development teams, our Enterprise Infrastructure partners and our internal business clients to resolve and escalate technical support incidents where necessary.
- Provides production support for API platform supporting web applications.
- Support our API applications by providing monitoring, application, and system support our production application services client facing environments.
- Provide 24x7 support for event monitoring, incident triage and escalation
- Provide support to all jurisdictions on a shift basis, handling any activity for any region within the local time zone coverage
- Identify and implement efficiencies and improvements to standard processes and procedures such as automation through scripting, programming, etc.
- Contribute to projects by executing task deliverables and ensuring permit-to-operate (PTO) guidelines are met.
- Provide support for change management approval, execution for Our production application services
- Client support team engagement to assist with application related incidents, client testing and integrations
- Disaster recovery test planning and execution - application environment review, shutdown, start, verification, troubleshooting
- Access administration for application access to Our production application services
- Support management of resources that are involved in maintaining the host operating system on UNIX, Vmware and Windows servers as well as software subsystems such as databases, web server software, LDAP, and security subsystems.
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- API Technologies – Google Apigee, Rest API, JSON, JWT, OAuth
- Open source Technologies – Casandra, Zookeeper, Postgres, PostgresSQL, OpenLDAP, Qpid
- Middleware application administration/Support - WebSphere, Apache, Tomcat, MQ
- Platform – Red hat Linux, Windows
- Knowledge on Java technologies, AWS cloud, Clustering, Load balancing, Autosys, SSO, SAML
Google Apigee, Rest API, WebSphere, Apache, Tomcat, Coding or scripting
This job entails monitoring the API application hosted on Apigee API Management Platform and web applications and trouble shooting technical issues with web servers.
The candidate must be willing to work in flexible shifts.
Not looking for:
We are NOT looking for a network administrator or server/operating system administrator or IT infrastructure professional.
Not looking for a software developer.
Not looking for a Database developer.
NOT looking for a cloud engineer
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in MS Word format in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectations.