Are you interested in a role that will allow you to work as part of the Risk Management Department directly with the Associate Director of Insurance & Risk Management? Are you looking for a stable position with day to day challenges in a cutting edge office? This may be the next step in your career.
What will your day look like?
You will focus on the implementation of the company’s Property & Casualty (P&C) insurance programs, including the in-house Captive Insurance Company. As the Sr. Insurance Analyst, you will prepare and maintain underwriting data, evaluation of insurance policies, claims management, communication of programs to business units and conduct departmental statistical analysis.
What’s exciting about your role?
You’ll be privy to cutting-edge science, complex internal customer challenges, and various risk management projects while gaining exposure in the industry.
What are your responsibilities?
- Collect and manage current and historical exposure information and prepare annual underwriting submissions on a timely basis for all risk financing/insurance programs
- Support the management of the clinical trial insurance process and its respective audit
- Assist in the evaluation of risk financing alternatives and adequacy of limits
- Coordinate audits of applicable insurance programs
- Assist with review of insurance terms in contracts
- Arrange for timely payment of costs associated with risk management and maintain accurate records of risk expenditures, including loss costs
- Prepare and update clinical trial investigator medical malpractice grid
- Assist with insurance due diligence reviews for new entities on a global basis
- Prepare total cost of risk and other analytical reports
- Maintain insurance exposure database
- Assist in the preparation of annual insurance budget
- Manage compliance with state regulations for workers
- Monitor and report workers compensation and auto liability claim developments
- Coordinate & review certificates or proof of insurance with third parties
- Monitor and verify financial condition of insurers
- Help in the recruitment of University Co-Op
How will you interact with senior management?
- Assist in the development of and maintain communication tools for senior management and operating personnel describing insurance policies and programs
- Update the annual Clinical Trial Insurance Coverage Summary and other pertinent documentation as required
- Provide expertise in policy and coverage interpretation to operating company personnel
What educational background will help you be successful in this role?
- College degree; a major in Finance, Accounting, Risk Management and/or Supply Chain is preferred
- ARM designation or CPCU course work is a plus
What experience is essential?
- Minimum of 10 years within a risk management/insurance department, insurance company or brokerage experience handling national or global accounts
- Demonstrated capabilities in the major areas of responsibilities described above, including captive insurance company operations
- International business management, finance or insurance
Additional skills to help you excel include:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer service focus
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to interface with all levels of personnel at operating units and corporate staff
- Heavy administrative and organizational skills; must be detail oriented and comfortable working with numbers
- Computer skills, experienced in Windows environment, MSWord, MS Excel, MS Access, use of online claims data systems
- Time management skills, flexible and able to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work in fast-paced team environment, handling multiple tasks and meeting deadlines
- Desire to learn and question
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.