THIS ROLE IS BASED OUT OF LOS ANGELES, SAN JOSE OR NEARBY AREAS. Role is 100% Remote.
The Business Development - Tax Software Sales will be responsible for helping promote technology products in the marketplace. The Business Development - Tax Software Sales will focus on software offerings and have sales experience in this vertical market. The position will carry a quarterly revenue target. The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to drive an engagement at the tax functional level as well as with their IT counterparts. Business Development - Tax Software Sales will be an exceptionally strong and creative thinker who thrives in a team environment and embraces all aspects of selling. Must be able to work in fast-paced, dynamic environment and have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate new business opportunities to drive pipeline growth
- Prospecting via cold calls, email, and other marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with Sales Management and Marketing to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging
- Research and build new contacts and existing accounts
- Conduct high level conversations with Senior Executives
- Analyze prospect needs to identify business opportunities
- Gain deep knowledge of company’s products and services
- Gain deep knowledge of competitors
- Work with Product Management and Engineering for product improvement
- Attends conferences, both local and national, in order to generate new leads of qualified prospects.
- Develops responses to requests for proposals.
- Assists Marketing Department with promotional events and conferences and provides feedback regarding marketing materials.
- Utilizes Internet tools (i.e., OneSource) to research for opportunities at prospects and clients.
- Generates necessary documentation to assist in deal closing (presentations, end user licenses, etc.)
- Secures references from Firm clients.
- Works with SMEs regarding CRM, OneSource, and the Prospect Register.
- Coordinates with the Legal Department regarding agreement term and condition issues.
- Assists with other projects as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas
- Experience selling financial and/or tax related tools preferred
- Selling experience to Finance and/or Tax industry preferred
- Excellent time management
- Excellent written skills and highly articulate
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years of software sales experience preferred
- Experience selling financial technology a plus
- Demonstrable track record of success a must.
- Strong cold calling and lead generation skills a must.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic skills in Microsoft® Excel, intermediate skills in Microsoft® Outlook, and advanced skills in Microsoft® Word, CRM, and Internet navigation and research.
- This job has limited supervisory responsibilities for the Business Development Department, including training employees, assigning work, and checking work for accuracy and completeness.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Occasional long periods of standing while attending college recruiting programs.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 30 lbs.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees at all levels of the Firm and interface with external clients, vendors, and candidates at all levels.
This role is 100% remote. Candidates can be based anywhere within the state of California.
We offer an exceptional base salary in a addition to a generous commission and bonus structure with no earning cap.
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in addition to a detailed cover-letter with salary expectation.