THIS ROLE IS BASED OUT OF NEW YORK CITY, OR NEARBY. Role is 100% Remote.
Position Location: NEW YORK CITY or any major city along the US Eastern Seaboard.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Consideration will be give for those residing with software sales qualifications residing in Vermont, New Hampshire or Maine.
Ideally, this software sales professional resides in a major city along the Eastern Seaboard such as New York City, Newark, Boston, Philadelphia, or Providence.
Proven software sales experience is a requirement.
Our client has a flexible work environment enabling the Associate hired for this role to reside in any of the cities listed above (New York City, Newark, Boston, Philadelphia, Providence) or states located on the Eastern Seaboard where he/she will have success, knowledge, and experience in selling software in this region of the US.
The Business Development - Tax Software Sales will be responsible for helping promote technology products in the marketplace. The Business Development - Tax Software Sales will focus on software offerings and have sales experience in this vertical market.
The position will carry a quarterly revenue target. The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to drive an engagement at the tax functional level as well as with their IT counterparts. Business Development - Tax Software Sales will be an exceptionally strong and creative thinker who thrives in a team environment and embraces all aspects of selling. Must be able to work in fast-paced, dynamic environment and have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Generate new business opportunities to drive pipeline growth
- Prospecting via cold calls, email, and other marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with Sales Management and Marketing to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging
- Research and build new contacts and existing accounts
- Conduct high level conversations with Senior Executives
- Analyze prospect needs to identify business opportunities
- Gain deep knowledge of company’s products and services
- Gain deep knowledge of competitors
- Work with Product Management and Engineering for product improvement
- Attends conferences, both local and national, in order to generate new leads of qualified prospects.
- Develops responses to requests for proposals.
- Assists Marketing Department with promotional events and conferences and provides feedback regarding marketing materials.
- Utilizes Internet tools (i.e., OneSource) to research for opportunities at prospects and clients.
- Generates necessary documentation to assist in deal closing (presentations, end user licenses, etc.)
- Secures references from Firm clients.
- Works with SMEs regarding CRM, OneSource, and the Prospect Register.
- Coordinates with the Legal Department regarding agreement term and condition issues.
- Assists with other projects as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas
- Experience selling financial and/or tax related tools preferred
- Selling experience to Finance and/or Tax industry preferred
- Excellent time management
- Excellent written skills and highly articulate
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years of software sales experience preferred
- Experience selling financial technology a plus
- Demonstrable track record of success a must.
- Strong cold calling and lead generation skills a must.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic skills in Microsoft® Excel, intermediate skills in Microsoft® Outlook, and advanced skills in Microsoft® Word, CRM, and Internet navigation and research.
- This job has limited supervisory responsibilities for the Business Development Department, including training employees, assigning work, and checking work for accuracy and completeness.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Occasional long periods of standing while attending college recruiting programs.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 30 lbs.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees at all levels of the Firm and interface with external clients, vendors, and candidates at all levels.
We offer an exceptional base salary in a addition to a generous commission and bonus structure with no earning cap.
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in addition to a detailed cover-letter with salary expectation.