Responsible for design, development and testing of electronic hardware and firmware from product specifications. Applies mathematical and engineering principles and methods to electrical system designs. Conducts research to produce cost effective design solutions, improvements, and new products. Participates in the review and creation of design specifications, timelines, and cost estimates. Provides specialized knowledge on complex technical and design matters. Creates and maintains documentation at specification, functional, implementation and code levels for all projects.
Establishes test and validation criteria and ensures complete documentation of data in properly maintained engineering logs. Designs, or oversees the design test fixtures as needed. Supports existing products currently in production.
Able to work independently but still as part of a design team. May assume a team lead role for the assigned work group. May mentor junior engineers or technicians to improve skill level of the engineering team.
- Plans, schedules and carries out analog and digital circuit and embedded controller circuitry design projects as assigned.
- Performs or oversees PCB layout design.
- Writes and maintains microcontroller firmware in C (ANSI), C++ and Assembly for a variety of processors.
- Implements communication electrical specifications and protocols as required, such as I2C, SPI, Bluetooth, USB, BACnet, Modbus, RS-232, RS-485
- Assists in development of, and adhering to, project timelines, cost estimates, reports and design reviews.
- Designs and maintains test fixtures as directed.
- Develops or reviews Manufacturing and Quality Control product testing and alignment procedures as assigned.
- Investigates the cause of product failures of a software or electronics nature and recommends and implements corrective action as directed.
- Ensures that prototype modules and appropriate breadboards are archived properly for future reference.
- Generates and reviews ECOs for accuracy and completeness as directed.
- Maintains an engineering logbook.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications and documentation releases for assigned products or projects.
- Prepares specifications for purchases of material or equipment.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or directed.
- BS Degree or MS degree in Electronics Engineering
Experience in many of the following areas:
- C (ANSI) and C++ and Assembly for various microcontroller architectures. Expertise with common aspects of embedded software: real-time interrupts, watchdog, timers, data corruption prevention, serial communications, signal digitization and filtering, queues, data structures, object-oriented design, small-screen GUI (Graphical User Interface), compiler optimization, code debugging and optimization in Assembly Language. Familiarity writing Windows applications in C# (Win. Forms or WPF) and private or public deployment methods.
- Strong firmware/software design, architecture, and documentation experience and capabilities
- Strong analog and digital circuit design, component selection and PCB layout for high-speed digital, and low-noise analog devices, using professional ECAD software (preferably Altium Designer), including:
- Power supplies (switching and linear), battery chargers, fuel gauges.
- Optical, electrochemical, thermal, and high accuracy electrical current sensing.
- Electric motor driving circuits and control software for DC, BLDC, stepper motors and servos.
- Display hardware, including LED indicators, LED segment displays, OLED and LCD panels.
- Electronic skills required for understanding and contributing to design and debugging.
- Strong electronic assembly skills as required for building, debugging and modifying prototype circuits.
- Ability to identify multiple solutions to problems and to select the best option based on product requirements and consensus from the design team.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly, including communication protocols, MCU architectures, and software tools.
- Proficient using: multimeter, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, electronic load, In-Circuit Debuggers (JTAG), DAQ, and soldering stations.
- Project management experience needed.
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects as directed.
- Ability to make independent judgment and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to have effective working relationships with all levels of personnel
arduino, Project management, Strong experience in PCB layout design, Experience with C++ ANSI SPI, I2C USB Bluetooth BACnet Modbus RS-232 RS-485 ECO
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in C (ANSI) and C++ for various micro-controller architectures
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in analog and digital circuit design
- BS in Electronics Engineer
- Strong embedded software engineering skills covering the full scope of analog and digital microcontroller devices, including C and C++
- Excellent PCB board layout design and component selection (high-speed digital and low-noise analog)
- Well versed in ECAD software (preferably Altium Designer)
- Experience with power supply, battery chargers, fuel gauges, sensing devices (optical, electromechanical, thermal, high-accuracy electrical current), LED (indicators, segment displays, panels) and OLED panels
- Proficient using: multimeter, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, electronic load, In-Circuit Debuggers (JTAG), DAQ, and soldering stations
- Experience with RS485, Modbus, blutooth, accelorometers, gyros, sensors, ethernet, PIC processors, and PSOC
- Ideally 10+ years of related embedded software and firmware design
- Prior full-lifecycle project management experience requirement
- Self-starter who is well organized and able to manage their workload in a timely manner
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in MS or PDF format along with a detailed cover with salary expectation.