The position can also be based in Dallas, TX, Boston MA or, Jersey City NJ.
May also consider the possibility pf working remotely for stellar candidates.
The Senior Network Automation Engineer will focus on leading automation and DevOps efforts within the Network Hosting Services Area.
• Establishing an automation framework on which our team can begin to build automated network services.
• Network automation technical and architecture design including cost effectiveness, quality of solution, knowledge transfer, and mentoring of the project technical team members.
• Providing leadership on the application of automation related tools supportive of the DevOps methodology.
• Develop automation solutions and projects for network initiatives (including, Route/Switch, firewall, DNS, Load Balancing, Wireless, ISE)
• Identify and document opportunities for improvement via automation in Network services, and deploy and operate solutions to increase reliability across the organization.
• Leverage tools and data to develop solutions focused on operational simplicity
• Contribute to and support the corporate adoption of the DevOps methodology and Agile project management, specifically within the Network Hosting Services Area.
• Provide expert level design, engineering support and continual service improvement towards the successful delivery of Network Services Automation efforts
• Create and implement automation solutions for network operations to include monitoring, alerting, and configuration management
• Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
• Minimum of 6 years of related experience
• Bachelor's degree required. Masters preferred.
• Technical experience as a network engineer in operations, deployment, design and/or architecture
• Practical experience working with DevOps/SDLC tools such as GIT/BitBucket, Jenkins, and Jira
• Hands on automation experience with application service validation, provisioning and deprovisioning, and/or hands-on coding experience (Python, C++, etc)
• Familiarity working in Unix/Linux Operating platform
• Track record of adding automation to legacy manual-based network change methods
Department: Enterprise Infrastructure
Enterprise Infrastructure delivers infrastructure capabilities that emphasize the collaboration between development and infrastructure to meet business needs. This is done by providing technology services that are agile, timely, cost-effective, and risk appropriate.
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectations.