Position is located in the Greater Chicago area
This position is responsible for the design and programming of the electrical controls used on a variety of machines produced by the company. This includes the ability to create electrical schematics using AutoCAD, bills of materials, develop controls programs using ladder logic and develop graphic interface programs. Primary duty will be design and development of Siemens and/or Allen Bradley controllers. This position works under general supervision and interacts with customers via phone/email/face-to-face.
- Design and develop electrical controls and software programs for control panels used on equipment provided by Simpson Technologies.
- Monitor the progress of the controls development of assigned projects.
- Maintains the established design standards of the department.
- Supports the sales efforts of the Company by providing technical support and consultation during the development of proposals or quotations.
- Support the Field Service Engineers by providing technical support.
- Maintains the Company’s leadership in the industry in terms of product performance, service and value.
- Minimum Electrical Engineering (EE), Engineering Technology (EET) or computer science degree in a related field i.e., applied mathematics or equivalent controls programming experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience controls programming experience with Allen Bradley PLC’s (and Siemens PLC’s).
- Minimum 3 years of systems design experience with Allen Bradley controls panels (panel design/bills of materials/sensors/AC drives). Experience with Siemens is a plus.
- Industrial controls knowledge (sensors, AC and/or DC drives and servo controllers)
- Allen Bradley PLC5/SLC5/Compactlogix PLCs and PanelView Plus HMI programming
- Pneumatics experience
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Excellent math skills
- Excellent organization skills
- The ability to travel via air or ground to domestic and overseas customer sites minimally 20% of the time.
- Strong communication skills.
- The proven ability to achieve desired results on multiple projects using influence and information gathering rather than direct reporting relationships.
- Siemens S7-300 and/or S7-1500 PLC and Siemens Comfort Panel HMI programming (a plus)
- Ethernet Communications knowledge (a plus)
- OEM background (a plus)
- Foundry background (a plus)
- Operational Excellence
Generally, work is performed within a standard office environment with no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Occasionally, works in foundries which present hazards such as heat radiating from molten metal, respiratory effects from vapor and fumes, skin effects from contact with chemicals, slips, trips, falls, physical injuries from machinery, and noise.
Up to 30% (typically 15-20%)
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectations.