About the role
Act as a Sensory Scientist on project teams. Consult, design and manage appropriate descriptive, discrimination and consumer guidance tests to enhance product knowledge and report findings in context of project objectives/business goals. Participate in Descriptive Panel Training and Company-wide Sensory Training as needed. Monitor Panelist performance through designed experiments and appropriate stats analysis. Provide professional guidance and enable project leaders to define and progress towards measurable sensory targets. Allocate sensory testing resources in accord with company priorities. Develop new methods to gain product understanding.
Accountable for ensuring standards of quality that meet or exceed customer expectations by adhering to strict testing protocols that have been validated for accuracy & reliability. Ensures compliance with safety and security policies. Manage relationships with other Sensory Scientists, including groups at customers and external research collaborators. Some travel also required.
• 4+ years of experience in Food Sensory with proven track record and strong applied statistics knowledge and experience.
• Experience in sensory analysis of food materials is a must-have.
• Experience in analytical chemistry, applied statistics, method development and product development are required.
• Experience in working with customers or co-suppliers.
• Experience in training and maintaining a sensory profiling panel and industry standard consumer testing methodologies, statistical analysis of sensory data and associated data from other sources.
Education: Bachelor’s degree is required but master’s degree is preferred.
• Sensory Science, with experience in Sensory Descriptive Profiling
• Working knowledge of applied statistics
• Ability to write Excel Macros preferred
• Assist team members in the development of program research objectives, and business impact.
• Define sensory objectives and recommend testing strategy to support program objectives.
• Carry out appropriate sensory tests to industry standards by working with sensory staff and descriptive panelists.
• Develop and recommend new test methodologies to incorporate where needed to improve product understanding.
• Analyze sensory data and write comprehensive reports for project leaders detailing results and conclusions.
• Communication of results and interpretation to project leader verbally or in writing.
• Design experiments and apply statistical analysis to monitor panelist performance.
• Recommend panelist training where needed to ensure accuracy/precision.
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in addition to a detailed cover letter outlining your experience in the requisite areas. Be sure to also include your salary expectation.