Due to growth and customer demand, we are recruiting for a Principal Engineer, 5G Systems to join our team in Richardson, Texas.
Visa Status: H4 EAD, L2 EAD 's and OPT EAD candidates are welcome to apply
Development of beamforming and MIMO radio system architectures and antenna array systems for existing 3G/4G wireless standards and developing 5G systems. Condense high level standards and specifications into detailed requirements for sub-systems, blocks, and devices. Conduct analysis and simulation of RF, MIMO, and beamforming behavior from baseband through the antenna and wireless link using Microwave Office, Keysight ADS, MatLab, and SimuLink. Conduct chain analysis to optimize parametric distribution and RF impairment analysis to ensure system dynamic range and channel fidelity. Perform link budget analysis to appropriately scale power amplifier and antenna characteristics. Conduct simulation and analysis of system throughput for various channel conditions and hardware impairments. Optimization of functional partitioning between DSP, mixed signal, and RF blocks.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of twelve (12) years direct experience. Master of Science or PhD in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Experience in sub-6 active/passive mMIMO Antenna systems including calibration algorithms.
- Experience in active and adaptive beamforming RF systems.
- Understanding of receiver and transmitter functional blocks and capabilities including antennas, power amplifiers, filters, duplexers, oscillators, frequency converters, modulators, and demodulators.
- Wide range of experience in RF system phased array and/or beamforming simulation and analysis using Microwave Office, Keysight ADS, MatLab, and Simulink.
- Experience in link budget analysis, chain analysis, EVM analysis, and throughput analysis.
- Experience in analyzing high level system requirements to extract block level hardware and software level requirements.
- Understanding of transmitter and receiver impairments including sources of thermal noise, phase noise, non-linearities, PIM, group delay, intermodulation, spurious and simulation of impairment impact.
- Understanding of wireless receiver and transmitter architectures, antennas, and devices.
- Knowledge of wireless infrastructure architectures and air interface standards including LTE and HSPA.
- Skilled in thorough documentation of requirements and architectures and presentation of radio architecture concepts.
Company Culture & Perks
- Health Plans: Medical, Dental, Vision with your choice of coverage level
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan-with a Company Match
• Company Paid Basic and Employee paid Optional life insurance
• Company Paid Accidental, Death & Dismemberment (AD&D). Employee paid Optional AD&D also available
• Employee Paid Optional Spouse and Children Dependent life insurance
• Company Paid Short-term and Long-term disability
• Free Online Will Preparation
• Employee Paid Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Employee Paid Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) - Health and Dependent Care
• Employee Paid Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity & Accident Insurance
• Employee Paid Legal Insurance
• Employee Paid Transportation Reimbursement Program for certain States
• Employee Paid Auto and Home Insurance
• Company Paid Employee Assistance Program
• Company Paid Holidays
• Company Paid Vacation
• Service Leave Vacation
• Company Paid Baby Bonding
• Company paid well-being program to support your physical, financial and emotional/spiritual well-being
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectation.