The Sanitation Supervisor is responsible for executing the Master Sanitation Schedule and overseeing the work of the sanitation team on the shift for the cleaning and sanitizing of food assembly lines and non-food handling areas of the facility. The Sanitation Supervisor is responsible for managing the performance of the individuals reporting to their respective team which includes participating in hiring, having coaching discussions, delivering feedback, and conducting performance reviews.
The Supervisor must be able to oversee multiple activities simultaneously and take ownership of the output of leads and associates working on his or her team. The Supervisor is also responsible for exhibiting a strong working knowledge of all sanitation principles, equipment and chemicals. The supervisor must be able to manage and troubleshoot all technological tools used in sanitation (e.g. master sanitation schedule). The supervisor is also expected to work closely with other functions within the facility to execute plant-wide initiatives.
- Develops a team of Leads and Associates on their assigned team through training on all SOPs and actively coaches when SOPs are not executed
- Facilitates and leads Sanitation huddles with assigned team to communicate safety topics, sanitation plans, GMPs and changes to processes
- Works with their leads to help them better motivate and coach their assigned team of associates
- Coaches and works with leads on problem solving as obstacles impacting sanitation pace, safety, quality, or planned activities arise
- Manages conflict among employees on their assigned team as needed, but escalates more serious issues to the Sanitation Superintendent
- Responsible for maintaining employee relationships for the assigned team including interviewing, hiring, coaching, performance management, disciplining, and training
- Cultivates culture of mutual respect and demonstrates a “Safety First, Quality Always” mentality
- Is approachable and collaborative with all hourly sanitation associates and leads, especially their team
- Plans, manages and directs shift sanitation operations per Master Sanitation Schedule, Sanitation policies and programs, and regulatory requirements, ensuring all plant equipment is clean and safe for production.
- Ensures all sanitation employees are employing appropriate personal protective equipment and are operating safely
- Coordinates the sanitation plan with production and quality to ensure cleaning tasks are completed adequately and on time.
- Develops SSOP’s for the equipment and plant structures as necessary.
- Assists the Sanitation Superintendent in managing the inventory of sanitation supplies.
- Inspects premises for unsanitary practices and conditions, reports findings to Sanitation Superintendent and proposes and executes solutions.
- Ensures all necessary documentation of the Sanitation Program is completed.
- Performs activities of workers supervised
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 1-3 years experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Minimum 2 years previous sanitation supervisory experience
- Experience with GFSI, SQF, FDA and USDA audits
- Bi-lingual Spanish required
For immediate consideration, please submit a current resume in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectations.