Our client is seeking an experienced Automation Engineer for their Rochester, New York Nutrition and BioScience site. The Engineer will work as a key team member in the Manufacturing Technology organization in Rochester supporting production operations, continuous improvement, Process Safety Management (PSM) and capital projects. In this position, the Automation Engineer’s role is to lead efforts to increase the safety, robustness, and productivity of our manufacturing systems while optimizing production efficiency through process control and technology improvements. This role encompasses:
- Site knowledge expert and point resource for multiple automation systems including Rockwell and ABB architectures
- Site point-person for Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) software. Providing the maintenance, upkeep, and expansion of the systems – TRAKSYS experience or other Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) a plus
- Experience in Automated Data Management Systems or Process Mapping
- Using Data Analysis for troubleshooting process performance or quality issues
- Using Data Analysis for Cost/Benefit project prioritization
- Lead and/or team member supporting projects from inception/planning/cost estimating through Commissioning/Start-up
- The essential role and responsibility for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Program and troubleshoot systems with the following technologies: Rockwell PLC, Inbatch Software, ABB 800xA, SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Information System, Historian Software, and Wonderware System Platform
- Management of hardware systems to support above software requirements
- Participate in Process Safety Management (PSM) program and contribute to development of Rochester’s program - includes participation in PHAs (Process Hazard Analysis) and Management of Change (MOC) processes
- Site PSM leader for Safety Instrumented Systems and Interlocks
EDUCATION/QUALIFICATION /SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Biochemical/Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with Rockwell and ABB automation/Distributed Control Systems
- Process Safety Management knowledge and/or experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in team environment with differing backgrounds and experience levels
- Demonstrate strong verbal, written, analytical skills as well as have the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Project organizational skills are required. Proven ability to work within a multi-plant and cross-functional matrix organization
Skills:organic process, chemical synthesis, automation in large manufacturing facilities involving tanks, pumps, fluids, etc.
Relocation assistance:Limited assistance; About $5,000 sign-on bonus in lieu of relocation assistance or package.
For immediate consideration. Please submit a recent resume in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectation.