Working independently, strategically, and globally, the Vice President, Global Tax leads tax planning, compliance, accounting, and reporting functions, with heavy focus on International Tax. The role includes responsibilities over global income tax and U.S. sales and property tax functions. This principal business purpose of this role is to maximize global profitability and sustainability by minimizing tax liability. This role leads and manages tax support for international finance, tax compliance, and audit. This role is based in Dallas, TX, and reports to SVP-Chief Accounting Officer.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Develop, coordinate, and lead any international tax planning strategies, including the impact of constantly changing global tax legislation and regulations
- Research international tax issues by jurisdiction and document findings
- Provide guidance to the senior management team whenever appropriate to reduce international tax liabilities
- Review federal and international income tax returns, including Forms 5471, 8858, and 1118
- Review Subpart F, GILTI, PTEP accounts, and foreign tax credit calculations
- Assist with the preparation of income tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740 including maintenance of deferred income tax assets and liabilities, review of tax positions under ASC 740-10 and reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Coordinate and review transfer pricing reports and documentation including annual requirements and review of new transactions
- Assist with correspondence and management of all federal and international income tax audits
- Oversee and review all provision calculations prepared by the foreign subsidiaries
- Ensure that Tax Department Sarbanes-Oxley requirements are met
- Calculate U.S. and international tax provisions in accordance with FAS109 and FIN48.
- Prepare financial statement tax accounts and disclosures.
- Manage domestic and international income tax compliance, documentation, and reporting functions.
- Research, evaluate, develop, and implement tax strategies to minimize effective tax rates.
- Research, analyze, interpret, and apply global tax laws and principles.
- Lead the State Escheatment processes
- Oversee U.S. sales, property, and other tax forecasting, compliance, and reporting.
- Prepare and present board-level and C-level presentations as needed.
- Building Collaborative Relationships: Builds and leverages positive relationships at all levels of the organization with internal and external stakeholders to forge connections that can foster organizational strategies and advance goals
- Managing Execution: Assign clear authority and accountability; direct change while maintaining operating effectiveness; integrate and align efforts across units and functions; monitoring and driving results
- Making Complex Decision: Apply broad knowledge and seasoned experience when addressing complex issues; define strategic issues clearly; make tough decisions while balancing stakeholders
- Communicates Effectively: Leverages communication to influence others
- Flexibility & Adaptability: With foresight pivoting the business and team in response to or in anticipation of business shift
- Strategic Mindset: Applies a deep and broad understanding of the business and the external marketplace to shape the plan for the future
- Builds Effective Teams: Fostering an environment of high performance to create sustainable competitive advantage within the organization
- Focusing on Performance: Culture where organizational performance and customer-centric focus are top of mind to align strategies, brand, and resources to meet customer needs
- Global Perspective: Taking a broad view when approaching issues, considering multiple and varied viewpoints
- Master of Taxation
- Minimum 15 years in tax with a large public accounting firm or equivalent experience in a corporate environment, with a minimum of 8 years Head of Tax leading ASC 740 international provision and international compliance; experience in a retail business preferred but not required
- CPA or JD required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Expert quantitative analysis skills, including the ability to interpret, analyze, organize, and report financial data.
- Ability to meet multiple, potentially overlapping, deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively throughout the organization, including management, co-workers and stores.
- Demonstrated commitment to federal and state statutes and regulatory requirements; adheres consistently to all professional accounting standards and practices.
- Proficient ability to work collaboratively with others; conduct working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Proficient ability to remain effective under stress, and respond to pressure in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Proficient knowledge of Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization and successfully develops those working for them
- Expert project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
- Demonstrated capacity for gathering and scrutinizing data to identify issues, opportunities, patterns, and sustainable business solutions
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to company policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities.
This positions comes with an extremely competitive base salary, bonus and full relocation package.
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume and DETAILED cover letter with salary expectations.