This individual will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of new application initiatives, and will be expected to code, test, debug and troubleshoot. Works closely with IT Business Analysts and other developers. Also, participates and sometimes leads the design review of development projects and plays a key role in the release of new applications and maintenance of existing applications.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading development efforts at varying stages of the development lifecycle. Scope of work is both complex and diverse. Evaluates business criterion, situational data, and influencing factors then translates into conceptual models, deliverables, and targeted outcomes. May use procedures, best practices and independent judgment to determine appropriate action. Provides work effort estimates, work leadership, and mentoring.
- Drives full development lifecycle for new and existing applications and systems—requirements, designs, coding, and implementation.
- Develops new applications and system enhancements. Maintains existing applications by troubleshooting bugs, implementing fixes, developing enhancements; providing technical support through direct end-user interaction; building tables and stored procedures in and documenting existing and new systems.
- Source code control, release control, release coordination, time tracking and adherence to standards for multiple applications & systems.
- Assists with the deployment of new applications and systems, review implementations by defining test plans and methods, and performing unit, system and integration testing.
- Collaborates with IT Management, business partners, vendors and peers to propose system solutions, and estimate resource requirements.
- Communicates effectively and promotes information sharing between teams and departments. Knows when to communicate project issues and how to measure project progress.
- Adheres to department procedures and policies, including coding standards, change control and testing processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- NET Framework and .NET Core
- Frameworks like React, Vue or Bootstrap
- Experience with source control like TFS, Azure DevOps or Git
- REST, Web services
- SQL Server
- Fundamental knowledge of computing algorithms
- Initiative and ability to recommend alternative approaches to enhance system performance
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, and to prioritize tasks, in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with other application development team members
- Attention to detail and ability to focus on task-at-hand
- Initiative and ability to anticipate potential problems, excellent analytical abilities
- Demonstrated coaching skills, assisting in the development of other programmers
- Ability to interact and communicate with diverse user community and IT Management
- Maintain active awareness of development tools and best practices within the IT industry.
- Experience with analyzing, defining, researching, and resolving problems for both immediate fixes and longer term root cause.
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectation.