The software Development Manager is responsible for the overall application architecture, implementation, and management of all business-critical IT business applications. Management of a the team of programmers, analysts, software engineers who build and support business applications, including those designed and built by the Plan, as well as extensions, interfaces, extracts and utilities that enhance or integrate the applications. Leads the technical implementation of business application projects and new technology implementations.
- Drives the change management process for the production environments
- Manages, coaches, reviews and tracks performance of Application Development staff
- Oversees, leads, and performs hands-on implementation of new technology, applications and software
- Works with Director and IT Management to align business projects and initiatives with IT capabilities and strategy.
- Works with IT Senior Management on the establishment and implementation of IT Strategy, Management and Governance, and Technology Roadmap.
- Participates in applications architecture and strategy, providing vision, problem anticipation and problem solving to the teams involved in systems analysis, reporting and applications development.
- Provides senior management coverage during absences
- Trains and mentors programmer analysts on standards, methodologies, systems and processes
- Independently performs development activities on larger, high impact projects.
- Partners with Director and IT Management during the budgeting process to assess software purchases and licensing requirements, as well as training, expenses for the department.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the position.
- Manages the support of electronic commerce applications, including interfaces to or from outside partners and vendors.
- Adheres to all applicable compliance requirements and the Code of Conduct
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years experience
- You have experience developing and supporting high-volume, complex transaction systems
- You've worked on Sharepoint Development, and Sharepoint Technologies
- You have an interest and or are familiar with the healthcare industry
- You have direct hands-on experience with .NET, SQL Server or other relational database and programming languages
- You have healthcare industry experience, including a payor or managed care organization and with associated information systems.
- Strong experience in applications development methodologies, best practices, and current technologies.
- Experience with e-Clinical Works and Cactus Applications a plus
- Excellent analytical skills
- You posess the ability to lead and mentor junior technical team members.
- You are a higly skilled communicateor with both technical and non-technical audiences.
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in addition to a detailed coverletter with salary expectations.