We do more than manage inmates, we care for people. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse – Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. The Registered Nurse – Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) plans and provides comprehensive nursing care including, but not limited to, executing Licensed Independent Provider’s orders, dispensing and administering medications, and assisting Licensed Independent Provider in examinations and treatment of patients. Applies nursing and supervisory techniques required in the care, treatment, and referrals of inmates/residents. Performs all technical/clinical procedures within the scope of his/her education and licensure.
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
- Apply appropriate nursing skills in the area and treatment of inmates/residents.
- Provides leadership in improving and sustaining the quality and effectiveness of care in diverse or complex programs.
- Monitors key indicators of health status and clinic operations.
- Uses screening and focused study formats to detect variation in healthcare delivery process.
- Designs data collection instruments; compiles and analyzes data; design interventions to address issues.
- Provides written reports and conducts CQI meetings.
- Participates in preparation for accreditation and inspections.
- Attend sick call with the physician to see inmates/residents; prepare a list of inmates/residents to be examined; prepare examining room and equipment
- Examine and assess new inmates/residents with illnesses or injuries or inmates/residents who become ill or injured; refer inmates/residents to the emergency room or other appropriate healthcare facilities as required by their condition.
- Perform emergency procedures as needed and notify Licensed Independent Provider for treatment orders.
- Provide guidance, supervise and monitor nursing care provided by licensed vocational/practical nursing staff and non-licensed medical staff.
- Graduate from an approved school of nursing with a CA RN license
- Three (3) years professional nursing experience in leadership and/or management
- Must possess CPR/BLS certification.
- Strong Clinical Skills
- Experience in a correctional setting is a plus
- Valid drivers license
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectations.