Position is not required to be based in Oregon. However, it will require frequent travel to HQ in Oregon and to additional states to work with teams & key stakeholders.
The National Director of Sales Operations is a key member of the executive team in shaping, developing and taking forward our strategic priorities including the development of short and long term plans to meet key goals and annual objectives, facilitating the execution of corporate-wide communications between leaders and employees to ensure consistent priorities and clear messaging.
On a day to day basis, this position will act as a player/coach assisting in the day-to-day management of requests coming into the Sales Operations team along with supporting team members with complicated requests/escalations. The manager will also be responsible for leading enhancements to current processes using data-based reporting and analysis, and interacting with other department heads as needed in an effort to reduce friction in the sales process and drive sales automation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coach, mentor, develop a National team of Sales Operations Managers through close collaboration with State Director of Sales and State Sales Operations Managers
- Provides strategic insight for daily management of the department
- Coach and mentor Sales Operations Manager team of ~5 members to ensure consistent team development and growth
- Setting the ‘go-to-market’ strategy for in-store execution
- Model, analyze, prioritize and improve processes using data-driven decisions, and standardize process where applicable
- Support a culture within the Sales team that is energized and drives individual and team accountability for results including meeting KPI’s and objectives
- Develop and identify training programs that will best meet the needs of our State Sales Directors, Sales Operations Managers & Account Managers – including negotiation, presentation, planning
- Work closely with our Sales Operations teams to ensure our Sales teams are delivering on required field sales objectives and sales budgets
- Management and oversight of companies CRM and KPIs systems
- Plans and coordinates administrative, financial, sales enablement, compensation, and operational activities for the organization's C & VP level teams
- Regularly creates and submits data, reports and presentations for use with CEO, COO, CFO, VP of Sales, & VP of Operations to optimally represent the business, internally and externally
- Salesforce Administrator (or higher) Certification or Extensive experience running Salesforce implementation(s)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior senior management/director experience
- Experience implementing & directing operations which support a national sales program
- 4+ years customer order management, or sales support experience in the CPG market place
- Demonstrated leadership in process improvement initiatives based on analytics
- In-depth understanding of Sales Operations business practices for sales processes and systems
- High level of comfort with data loads, building reports and dashboards within Salesforce.com
- Enhanced proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to articulate verbally and written, willingness to appropriately debate difficult issues; ability to think quickly
- Ability to excel in a fast-growing/fast paced environment delivering accuracy while managing to deadlines where adaptability is imperative
- Ability to understand broader business and financial issues, juggle multiple projects and tasks, and to work with deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
- Salesforce experience a plus
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Active Oregon Liquor Control Commission (“OLCC”) marijuana worker permit
- Language Skills: Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and written.
- Math Skills: Possess basic mathematical skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Travel Requirements: Occasional travel required between buildings and sites
As an exempt employee, you'll receive a salary, Paid holidays, PTO and fully paid health, dental and vision insurance.
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectations.