JOB SUMMARY: The Engineering Manager is responsible for managing, directing, and coordinating product designs and engineering functions for various product lines that include SAW filters, oscillators and other hybrid RF and Microwave designs for fabrication.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides direction and manages Product Design, Development and Support Engineering group operating across multiple sites.
- Organizes and controls all technical engineering projects
- Plans for the development of new products and processes driven by customer needs and specifications and monitors progress based on development goals.
- Evaluates and recommends new technologies
- Responsible for the staffing, supervision and development of engineering personnel. Provides feedback and coaching to engineering personnel.
- Responsible for Test Equipment Design and Support.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS& RESPONSIBILITIES: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Devises and implements value engineering and quality improvement projects.
- Monitors products to established quality levels and adjusts designs and processes to meet or exceed standards of timely completions, cost targets and technical performance.
- Ensures Manufacturability of Product Lines
- Performs other process, product or materials related tasks as required by supervisor.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field AND
- Experience Years: 8-10 years of experience in RF/Microwave engineering OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Electronic Test Equipment, Production Equipment, and RF analysis
- Experience in RF and Microwave component engineering, preferably related to military and/or aerospace
- Strong leadership skills
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: See Below:
- 4 years’ experience as a manager
- Experience with design of specific product lines supported
- Insight about technology trends in the product lines supported
- Knowledge of customer and military specifications
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office Based
DIRECT REPORTS: Supervisory Role with Direct Reports: 7 direct reports