The M&A Integrations Senior Manager is responsible for managing the complex, cross-functional process of combining the operations and systems of an acquired business into the Controllership and External Reporting functions. This role leads, facilitates and liaise with cross-functional teams (including legal, HR, BIS, other) in their integration activities for the integration of mergers, partnerships and acquisitions as well as divestitures.
This role will create, communicate and manage a targeted integration/divestiture project plan, report status of ongoing projects including escalation of issues. Projects will focus on strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility including the integration of people, process and technology as well as the coordination of the controllership participation separating a divestment and tracking of any related Transition Service Agreements. This position will also require understanding and specific safeguarding of adherence to internal controls over the financial reporting process requirements.
More specific responsibilities include:
- Monitor M&A pipeline activity to proactively assess readiness and prepare related project plans specific to controllership and external reporting. Prior to the closing of acquisitions, participates in due diligence meetings to inform ultimate integration plan for each project.
- Create, communicate and manage the complete project plan for acquisition integrations of controllership and reporting. Manage process by defining clear assignments; developing common formats for their outputs; establishing disciplined timelines; and coordinating meeting schedules, meeting formats, communication mechanisms, and review processes.
- Monitors progress against goals and ensures that integration efforts meet and exceed expectations.
- Anticipates potential schedule or priority delays and initiates plans for alternative actions. Creates strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning
- Prepare and provide regular reporting of status and escalation of issues to CAO and CFO as well as the Chief Strategy Officer. Develops a systematic process for relaying pertinent information between each project’s integration team and key internal stakeholders (e.g. broader M&A team, operating group leaders, and corporate department leads).
- Manage and assist in business process and control design and data mapping/ retention for process and systems integrations.
- Assist with implementing accounting policies, procedures and systems as required, and ensure internal control procedures are adequate, properly documented and regularly reviewed. Establish and enhance good accounting processes and controls.
- Assist in the coordination with External Reporting related to purchase accounting and disclosure requirements for complete project management.
- Assist in the integration plans to align policies and procedures and identify opportunities to enhance existing procedures to improve control, measurement and/or productivity.
- Guides acquisition-target’s personnel as they navigate through the Company organization, and assists them in understanding Company’s culture, processes and systems.
- Complete special projects as needs arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and a CPA and/or PMP are preferred.
- Approximately 8-10 years of accounting experience, M&A experience preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting principles, internal controls and project management techniques, including detail project tracking and reporting.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels of the organization.
- Experienced Project Senior Manager to oversee the production and completion of large-scale projects. You must be a multi-tasker who has excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills, and can effectively manage a team to finish their work efficiently and within deadlines.
- Strong organizational, leadership and collaboration skills.
- Self-starting personality; ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously; ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Ability and inclination to roll up sleeves and dig in. Dependence on and confidence in own abilities to get things done.
- Very strong drive, dedication and work ethic.
- Able to meet tight deadlines on multiple priorities.
- Possesses a service-mindset, building mutual trust and encouraging respect and cooperation among integration team members and other key stakeholders.
- Extremely team-oriented with the ability to contribute in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment. Strong people management and conflict management skills.
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented, process-oriented, control-oriented.
- Highest level of integrity.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive base salary, bonus and a comprehensive benefits package.
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectations.