The primary purpose of the Program Director for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion will include providing leadership, planning and coordination of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) programs to drive overall business goals. This position is responsible for assisting appropriate stakeholders in developing strategies, identifying and aligning initiatives that leverage best practices, ensure appropriate reporting methodologies, performance evaluation techniques and key performance metrics.
This role is responsible for the delivery and overall success of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion efforts in partnership with the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Councils. The program director will provide consultative support to the EDI Executive Council and guide the development of all supporting council pillars. They must have a thorough knowledge of program management principles, an analytical mindset and great problem-solving abilities.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or relevant field; MBA is a plus
Experience: 5+ years of leadership and program management experience in a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment; Successful implementation in Equity, Diversity and Inclusion efforts; thorough knowledge of EEO regulations
Knowledge / Skills:
- High level knowledge and experience with executing Equity, Diversity and Inclusion strategic programs to drive business success.
- Ability to collaborate and work successfully across all levels of the organization, affiliated partners, and community representatives, demonstrating excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to perform complex project tasks seamlessly, often switching between high-level strategy and helping with supporting tasks as needed to promote your team’s success
- Ensures that EDI plans and priorities are aligned and coordinated across different areas of the organization
- Attention to detail and a high level of efficiency
- High level of comfort and knowledge with data collection and analytics, inclusive of reporting and budgeting; uses available data to inform decisions and strategy recommendations
- Ability to integrate culture in all internal and external customer interactions; deliver on our brand promise of “Advancing health. Personalizing care” through compassion, courage, credibility, and commitment to community.
- Holds self accountable for outcomes and monitors metrics and milestones to chart progress
- Models dependability and shows consistency between words and actions, gaining people’s trust and respect
- Coaches others on how to build effective teams and ensures that teams have the right mix of skills and perspectives
- Proactively represent Memorial Hermann Health System by facilitating program awareness. Provide consultation and coaching to key stakeholders and leadership teams on EDI priorities, capabilities, offering and best practices.
- Responsible for overall strategy, planning, organizing and execution of the EDI Council functions. Provide leadership and maximize the effectiveness of the Diversity Council.
- Manages and leads the design of the EDI Council and assigned directives, programs and projects in the delivery of its initiatives.
- Governs key councils to foster support and compliance of EDI strategies
- Establishes the implementation approach for EDI activities in alignment with MHHS’s enterprise wide strategy
- Identify and design solutions, new processes and tools for the team, applying best practices and an understanding of business needs. This includes but is not limited to setting goals, structure and EDI programs.
- Serves as a change facilitator, contributing to the design and implementation of communication plans for change management and collaborating across multidisciplinary teams to gain buy-in from business leadership to ensure adoption.
- Plan the programs from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes. Provides feedback and resolve complex problems.
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements
- Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of EDI councils
- Keep appropriate stakeholders informed with detailed and accurate reports or presentations
- Works with subject matter experts to research and develop policies and services. Selects, recommends and applies appropriate analytics methodologies and techniques to execute operational objectives.
- Develops an integrated EDI strategy across the enterprise, develop and implement the appropriate measures/tools to ensure it is continuously evaluated. Manage the implementation of the strategy across all business/functional areas and engage Council Leads as co-owners of the strategy
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Belonging is a powerful feeling. It lets you know you’re in the right place – one where you can make the greatest difference – with people who share your motivation, your vision and your passion. It’s being valued and supported. Satisfied and rewarded. It’s a perfect fit. And it’s the assurance that you’re truly home.
This is exactly where you belong.
We offer a very attractive base salary, comprehensive benefits, incentive programs and full relocation assistance.