The VP, Ops Strategy will lead decision making, analysis, and strategic direction for the Operations Strategy group which includes Special Operations, Strategic Expansion, Real Estate Expansion, and Process Management. Special Operations leads end to end project management and execution for some of the company’s most critical strategic & operational initiatives.
Strategic Expansion is responsible for the expansion of the company’s operating footprint starting from the launch market and growing nationally/internationally over the next several years. Real Estate Expansion is responsible for designing and implementing the company’s hub and spokes model through the regional expansion of the company’s physical assets. Process Management is responsible for analyzing complicated and challenging processes that span multiple stakeholders and groups to make them more easily scalable and efficient.
This role will be a member of the Operations leadership team and will set the overall strategy and approach of the Operations Strategy group including scenario analysis, end-to-end project planning and execution, scaled implementations, KPI definition/monitoring, and other operational, strategic initiatives. In addition, the role will be responsible for recruiting and hiring a highly analytical and execution-oriented team accustomed to succeeding in a high growth, highly dynamic startup environment.
What will you do?
- Create scenario sensitivity models and presentations that drive key operational activities including success measurement; work with the Operations leadership team on cross-functional projects that highlight key strategic initiatives, drive revenue or mitigate costs
- Establish a geographic expansion plan which includes implementing a local level expansion plan dependent on a set of competing operational variables, architecting a hub and spokes distribution model and defining key performance metrics to monitor and evaluate progress
- Work closely with a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary team to perform operational and financial analysis that support various growth and operational initiatives; use data and analytics to convey point of view
- Create models and presentations that establish a point of view on key operational initiatives; organize and collect research and data to support
- Recruit and mentor world-class team to execute team objectives
What are you like?
- 8+ years of professional experience in Investment Banking, Management Consulting, Real Estate and/or PE required; previous experience at a high growth startup a plus
- Engineering, Math, Physics, Statistics or related major; MBA preferred
- Have built and managed a high performing team of 10+ people previously
- Strong Excel modeling, PowerPoint presentation, and Python capabilities with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities; performing highly analytical analysis in most recent experience required
- Excellent communication/writing skills and effective at communicating with and presenting to executive management
- High level of critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, and comfort with ambiguity
The successful candidate will receive a very competitive base salary, bonus and, a comprehensive benefits package. Relocation assistance is also provided.