Why this job is awesome!
A lot feels uncertain these days, but there is one thing that remains as constant as ever: the need to eat. Good food, fast is one of today's humblest and yet most refined luxuries. What about a chance to help make that happen? To help make it better?
This company - still in stealth mode but already grown to nearly 200 employees - is bracing to revolutionize the way we all get our hands on the absolute best food as quickly as possible. While we can't give away the secret sauce just yet (apply to find out more!), this company has a recipe for success. With backing from some of the most seasoned investors in the game and a diverse team of smart, hard-working folks crafting one of the most exciting new ideas to hit the market, your competitive compensation, smart peers, and equity are all just icing on the cake.
What you’ll do
We’re a data-driven team that deeply values our customers. As a Senior Manager, Customer Insights at this high-growth foodtech startup, you will be responsible for bringing rich insights and analysis about our customers, our markets, our brand, and our service to the forefront. This role reports to the Director, Customer Intelligence.
• Set and socialize a vision and roadmap for insights that’s well understood and aligned to across the customer teams and the broader company.
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of what questions the business needs to answer to inform research design and approach.
• Implement best in class insights programs, projects, and studies (both quant and qual) to answer these questions about our customers, our markets, our brand, and our service.
• Synthesize and analyze customer insights consistently and proactively to translate customer feedback (including customer surveys, social listening, and customer service), research, and data into actionable insights for the cross-functional team.
• Organize and present insights in a strategic, complete, intuitive way, building and maintain dashboards in company-wide tools such as Looker.
• Develop and implement recurring feedback programs including NPS, post-order surveys, and social listening -- working closely with cross-functional partners to set goals, design the programs, develop the roadmap, drive implementation, measure & analyze results, and optimize.
• Partner closely with the customer teams to build consumer-facing feedback experiences, providing a clear vision and detailed requirements of what’s needed to deliver on the strategy.
• Partner closely with the customer service team to build the right processes to tag feedback, respond to customers, and close the loop with customers when feedback is actioned on.
• Partner with the central data infrastructure team to provide requirements for data needs to ensure insights connect to the broader data infrastructure and power a single view of the customer; Serve as a data steward, providing the requirements and judgment around data quality and data QA.
• Conduct ad-hoc insights activities including surveys, focus groups, ethnographies, conjoint analyses, and more to answer key business questions on an ongoing basis.
• Take initiative to proactively identify high-impact opportunities for improving customer insights at the company.
• Serve as day-to-day customer insights partner to senior management and the customer teams, using excellent communication and strong presentation skills to gather business requirements and share back analysis in a way that is clear and actionable for employees at all levels.
• 4-6 years of experience in an in-house or agency customer insights role, preferably with eCommerce, consulting, finance, tech, retail, or food.
• Experienced in planning, conducting, and analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data.
• Passionate about building and understanding best in class customer experiences.
• Strong hands-on experience with research tools (e.g., Qualtrics) and familiar with best in class tools and resources.
• Strong experience with statistical techniques needed to analyze findings.
• Strong experience with or ability to learn business intelligence tools like Looker or Tableau.
• Strong experience with SQL preferred.
• Experience with social listening and/or customer service feedback a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies.
• Comfortable working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
• Comfortable with being scrappy and in an agile environment.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills.
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in addition to a detailed cover letter.