Education: Bachelors degree in Nursing; Masters preferred
Licenses/Certifications: Licensed Registered Nurse
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Five (5) years of healthcare experience working in a clinical setting and five (5) years of progressive management experience
- Cath Lab management experience
- Experience in Cath Lab procedures
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with all levels of staff
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Monitors and directs patient care activities ensuring the highest quality care is delivered
- Directs clinical and non-clinical personnel.
- Reviews and approves new hires, establishes controls and standards for performance appraisals.
- Identifies staffing needs of the department and provides for accordingly.
- Remains available, accessible and visible to staff.
- Recognizes staff’s achievements and accomplishments and provides ongoing feedback on performance.
- Establishes scope of service, goals and develops department strategic plan for; stays up-to-date on new developments in the field and incorporates such in the scope of services; reviews departmental policies, procedures, and systems; complies with all applicable regulatory requirements and standards; conducts appropriate department promotional activities and participates in hospital marketing activities.
- Assures that revenue, expenses, contribution margin and FTE’s meet or exceed budget; prepares and submits budget and related reports.
- Forecasts and accurately projects expenses.
- Takes corrective action to address negative variances.
- Identifies and proposes capital budget items appropriately.
- Runs projects for the CEO/COO; handles analysis on budgetary issues.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectations.
We offer an exceptional base salary, bonus, a comprehensive benefits package and full relocation assistance.