Actively seeking a Preconstruction Lead with a strong business development and estimation background to join our team.
The Preconstruction Lead is responsible for managing, implementing, and refining new business development and preconstruction processes to ensure a proper backlog of work for our business unit.
This includes (but is not limited to) management of bid strategy, bid estimates, accuracy of estimates, client negotiations, and effectively managing the project turnover process.
* Should be a geographical expert at knowing various work opportunities in the commercial construction market.
* Able to understand the capacity of the business unit and is able to align future projects with capabilities.
* Builds relationships within the market to identify opportunities that might exist to secure new business.
* Can validate for a correct and accurate estimate and formulate an appropriate bid strategy.
* Able to prepare and manage our teams to execute by understanding project details and customer expectations.
* Effectively deliver a project over to the Operations Teams by using the proper turnover process.
Requirements and Qualifications:
* Knowledge of Microsoft programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
* Strong organizational and communication skills.
* 8+ years of progressive experience in Commercial Construction for a large scale Self-Perform General Contractor or Concrete Contractor.
* Self-perform experience of concrete is required.
* Strong business development background and construction market knowledge is strongly preferred.
* Strong estimating background preferred.
* Seeking someone with a variety of project types with an emphasis on Commercial/Industrial construction.
* General knowledge of construction principles/practices required, with experience on projects over 1 million dollars.
* Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or Engineering (will look at someone that does not have this but has all the work experience)
This role comes with a competitive base salary, benefits and full relocation assistance.
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in addition to a detailed cover letter.