This role is 100% remote
The Mortgage Loan Underwriter IV is responsible for providing prompt, accurate, and courteous service to all staff. Maintains a professional attitude and takes personal ownership of resolving problems and creating financial solutions. Responsible for creating consistency in lending decisions through coaching, reviewing loans, development/implementation of lending policies and procedures, and training as necessary to accomplish organizational lending goals. This position must demonstrate a strong commitment to increasing member value and achieving organizational goals through coaching co-workers, member education, service, and sales. Ensures credit process, policies, and activities fall within the parameters of Federal and State policies and standards. Adheres to all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations governing the Credit Union.
Essential Functions include:
- Assists co-workers with developing sound credit decisions based on policy and procedure, and offering financial solutions to the membership.
- Monitors and responds to various incoming loan queues on a continuous and timely manner.
- Decisions loan approvals/denials according to agreed upon Service Level Agreements and in compliance with standards set by regulatory agencies, investors, and Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate prudent judgment and decision making with risk/reward balance for Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, various investor, FHA, and portfolio loan products.
- Maintain excellent production quality.
- Assists the management team in creating, supporting, and promoting Credit Union policies, objectives and programs
- Assist with the development and training of Credit Union Mortgage Operations and Sales staff
- Ability to act as a senior team resource and as a backup to the Mortgage Underwriting Manager.
- Adheres to all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations governing the Credit Union, including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
This role does not have supervisory responsibility
Managing Work (includes Time Management), Work Standards, Decision Making, Adaptability, Energy, Building Customer Loyalty, Collaborating
Required Education and Experience:
- Equivalent to a four-year college degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of five years mortgage loan underwriting experience required
- Advanced knowledge of lending operations and processes required for Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, various investors, FHA, and portfolio loan products.
- Strong analytical skills including advanced, complex income tax analysis along with asset and liability analysis
- Solid understanding of collateral requirements including non-conforming properties and non-warrantable condos
- Has established credit policy exception lending authority
- Working knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to consumer lending practices and qualified mortgages
- Basic MS Office skills
- Non-QM Experience preferred
- VA experience with SAR ID required
- DE CHUMS ID required or FHA loan review experience with a Due Diligence firm
This job operates in an office setting and routinely uses standard office equipment
Sitting frequently, walking occasionally, use of hands frequently, hearing constantly, talking frequently, exerting up to 10 lbs of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time / 40 hours per week
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in addition to a detailed cover letter with salary expectations.