This position is responsible for providing leadership to the department – overseeing the daily operations – managing and developing departmental staff, collaborating with the interdisciplinary team in the delivery of patient care, utilizing the nursing process, ensuring the delivery of quality care to patients.
Education: Bachelor of Nursing degree from an accredited school of professional nursing required or documented degree plan and timeframe to complete Bachelor of Nursing; For clinical manager positions in Magnet-designated hospitals or hospitals in pursuit of Magnet designation, a minimum of a Bachelors of Nursing is required at the time of hire or promotion
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Professional certification in clinical area or management preferred
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Three or more (3+) years experience in clinical area of practice and minimum one (1) year experience in a supervisory or management role
- Clinical Manager II: Additional two (2) years experience (3 years total) in supervisory or management job
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results.
- Manages the daily operations of a patient care department, including forecasting and ensuring adequate staffing, taking departmental call; planning for continuity of care, serving in charge nurse role and providing direct patient care as needed.
- Collaborates with physicians, management team members, business partners, and customers to address strategic initiatives and organizational goals.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement, desired client-centered outcomes, and organizational outcomes.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Ensures adequate scheduling and staffing; recruits, retains, and develops staff; provides performance feedback, addressing issues as necessary, and provides input into staff performance reviews in a timely effective manner.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
For immediate consideration, please submit a recent resume in addition to a brief cover letter.