View all jobs
Software Engineer SeniorDearborn, MI
- Develops software with a paired partner to deliver user stories that contribute to a valuable working software product, often operating as the lead partner.
- Develops automated unit tests with working software, to confirm software functionality conformance to functional and non-functional requirements.
- Develops automated functional tests to confirm user story acceptance and to detect regression defects.
- Reviews continuous integration build status and fixes build failures.
- Improves continuous integration tooling by automating manual processes within the delivery pipeline and improving quality gates based on past learnings.
- Reviews ongoing production software operations and troubleshoots production issues.
- Implements tooling that monitors application performance metrics and automatically notifies team when a failure occurs in production.
- Active participant in all team agile ceremonies
- Interact with business customers when resolving support issues
- Work with business customers to define business requirements with the customer on new development
- Show leadership in analysis of development and support tasks to drive to a quick implementation and resolution
- Code, test and implement application components in Java, web services and Java related technologies using Ford Credit Frameworks
- Practitioner in at least 2 coding languages
- Comfort level developing in all tiers of application software: front-end, mobile, back-end and database.
- Advanced knowledge of software design patterns
- Knowledge and practical experience of agile delivery
- Demonstrated ability to delivery product road map milestones
- Provide Agile artifacts associated with application components
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to continuously learn
- Highly motivated professional (self-starter and results oriented).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as a member of a collaborative team
- 1+ years JAVA/J2EE Application development experience
- 1+ years using AGILE Development methodologies
- 3+ years WebLogic/WebSphere Application server
- Experience with Linux, Windows Operating Systems
- Experience in all components of software delivery
- Paired programming and Test-first/Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Familiarity with Spring Cloud and deploying to cloud platforms, preferably Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF).
- Exposure to Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools and pipelines such as GIT hub, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc.
- Additional skills desired with SpringBoot and Angular JS
- Education Preferred: * J2EE certifications a plus * AWS Certifications * PCF Certifications a plus