- Software Engineer on a Product team who will be responsible for development and support activities of all aspects of the timekeeping and personnel application used by the North American and Canadian Manufacturing Plants and Part Depots.
- This will include working on deliverables, daily interaction and relationship management with end users and key business customers, Product team members, and understanding the various interfacing systems.
- Use the agile methodology to develop, implement, and test Features, User Stories and tasks.
- Analyze and resolve incidents and questions related to the use of application software or hardware.
- Log and track incidents, requests, and problems from identification through resolution utilizing incident and problem management tools.
- Ensure continued compliance with all corporate standards, policies, and controls (including evidence gathering).
- Interface with other support teams involved in incident resolution to ensure incidents are resolved, requests are filled, and the customer communication is complete.
- Document resolutions and updates to self-help and staff knowledge bases.
- Technical Requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team oriented, and highly motivated.
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently.
- Ability to work on concurrent high priority tasks.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills with the ability to prioritize effectively.
- Strong analytical abilities including experience with in-depth problem analysis and the ability to match solutions to customer expectations.
- Excellent end user support experience.
- Knowledge of solution development and support methodologies
- 3+ years experience in the following areas.
- HP Transact or COBOL/MicroFocus COBOL.
- Oracle databases including Oracle client libraries, stored procedures.
- IBM Eclipse.
- Linux including Linux scripting experience.
- Technical competency in mainframe environment
- Functional experience with Payroll, Benefits, Timekeeping, Accruals, Leave Management, Employee Scheduling, Attendance Management and Labor Forecasting systems.
- Prior experience supporting plant applications.
- Ability to utilize desktop tools to accelerate communications (IM, WebEx, etc.). AccuRev. CRON.
- Education Required: Computer Science or equivalent experience