The Sr Manager, Data Science is a highly skilled analytical leader who helps organize and drive Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) programs for the AI/ML Center of Excellence. In addition to providing strategic guidance on the use of AI/ML to cross-functional teams this position will oversee the tactical development of AI/ML projects and oversee the day to day operations of the team.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader and will have experience managing staff of different disciplines to produce results in a timely manner. They will also be able to develop efficient strategies and tactics. The goal is to ensure that all AI/ML programs deliver the desired outcome to our organization.
The Main Responsibilities
• Formulate, prioritize, organize and monitor inter-connected AI/ML projects to solve high-value business problems
• Proactively identifies meaningful insights using data discovery, exploratory data analysis, and agile AI/ML model development to identify optimal solutions
• Coordinates cross-project activities to operationalize the insights and solutions
• Partners with the business to change business processes and maximize the value of AI/ML solutions
• Works on solutions in a hybrid cloud environment and leverages those environments for competitive advantage
• Examples of the AI/ML solutions are capacity planning, anomaly detection, predictive asset failure/maintenance, workload optimization, customer segmentation, chat analytics, customer journey analytics, business performance etc.
• The problems this position will solve will be at the cutting edge of technology and will lie at the intersection of science, engineering and business acumen.
• Lead a highly skilled AI/ML agile team within a strongly focused DevOps culture.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• 5+ years of management experience leading teams
• 12+ years’ experience delivering Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Advanced Analytics solutions
• Experience developing strategy, roadmaps, and implementing global programs
• Experience with statistical programming environments like Python, R, SPSS or SAS
• Experience with Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or AWS in a Hybrid Cloud/On-Prem AI/ML environment
• Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Splunk, Elastic Search, etc.
• Experience working with streaming data and deriving insights
• Fluent in one or more object-oriented languages like C#, C++, Scala, Java, and scripting languages like Python or Ruby
• Proven track record of converting strategy to execution plan and consistently deliver projects, initiatives, and strategic imperative goals on time and in budget
• Experience in Agile software development practices using tools such as Jira.
• Experience with good engineering practices (test driven development, continuous integration: Jenkins)
• Experience compiling data into an easily understandable and consumable business format to meet the needs of the intended audience and influencing them to take action
• Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences with excellent presentation skills and demonstrated ability engaging with executives
• Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities. Can solve even the toughest and most complex of problems of high complexity; great at gleaning meaning from whatever data is available
• Fearlessly takes on all issues and challenges; delivers positive and negative feedback and messages; not afraid to take tough action; challenges the status quo
• Strong leadership ability to manage in an agile environment
• Apply change, risk and resource management