You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn’t changed our tight-knit feel – we’ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company – it truly is a special place.
While reporting to the plant engineer, you will be responsible for the repairs and maintenance of machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and production machines Excellent attendance is crucial for the team to achieve success. You must have a proven record of success in a fast-paced environment. You must have the ability to work with various teams and have a good eye to spot defects in the packing line. You will take pride in your personal hands-on and analytical abilities, organizational skills and attention to detail.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Observe mechanical devices in operation and listen to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examine form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspect used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repair or replace defective parts.
- Install special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Repair electrical and mechanic equipment. Lubricate and clean parts.
- Follow detailed preventative maintenance (PM) schedules by initiating checks and tolerances given per equipment.
- Start devices to test their performance.
This position is in our Plastics plant in beautiful Waynesville, North Carolina. We are producing plastic thermoformed trays.
- We expect you to be mission driven which includes following all safety policies and procedures.
- 3 years experience in Maintenance on Industrial machinery in the manufacturing industry or educational equivalent. Thermoforming background desirable.
- You have to have a “get it done” attitude and an urgency to resolve problems/tasks.
- To succeed in this role you will need excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working independently and managing multiple tasks simultaneously is needed.
- You must follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Being reliable, having good initiative, being committed, and being quality focused is a must.
- You will need to be able to lift 50 lbs. or greater as needed.
- Having the ability to effectively work with a team in a fast-paced environment is crucial to success.
- You will need to have the ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions.
- You will need to able to perform repetitious duties, including stairs and standing for long periods of time.
- You will need to have the ability to work quickly while maintaining a high level of craftsmanship and attention to detail.
- Current license as fork-truck operator.
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family.
Apply today and help us get stronger!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic