While reporting to the Global Director of Technology, you will lead a team who is constantly iterating, solving problems and working together to develop packaging solutions that are cost-efficient, product-safety complaint, and more sustainable. We serve as a valued partner to our corporate customers to help them reduce the environmental impact of their packaging.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Align the Americas Rigid Paper and Closures technology strategy to the business strategy
- Be accountable for managing the department P&L, and the project expenses, and capital projects of your team
- Manage the portfolio of projects of the department and ensure it is aligned with the business
- Allocate resources (people and funding) to the aligned priorities
- Hire and develop a team of talented engineers. Drive for results and make your team accountable for delivering
- Serve your team members by ensuring they are motivated, engaged, challenged and constantly learning
- Establish and improve business processes to improve your team efficiency and effectiveness
- Coach and support your team through the different steps of the stage-gate process, portfolio and project management
- Coach and improve your team members’ skills in the areas of prioritization, time and budget management, planning and execution, networking, communication, intellectual property protection, etc.
- Offer a working knowledge of packaging, material science, innovation, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, data analysis, and statistics
- Serve as the spokesperson for RPC technology in the Americas, internally and externally. Demonstrate excellent communication – technical writing, formal and informal presentation
- Lead the collaboration with the technical leaders of our key customers, and collaborate with the Business Development, Marketing and Sales teams to identify and pursue new growth opportunities
- Lead the collaboration with the technical leaders of our key suppliers and collaborate with the Engineering and Supply Management teams to identify and qualify new raw materials and new equipment/processes
- Maintain a current knowledge of available and future technology, market trends, and customers’ innovations and needs.
- Travel domestically and internationally to manufacturing plants, suppliers, customers, conferences, and other innovation partners
This position is located at our Corporate Headquarters in beautiful Hartsville, SC and close to exciting destinations (Myrtle Beach, SC Charleston, SC, Columbia, SC and Charlotte, NC).
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have an undergraduate degree in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering, Paper Science, Material Science, Chemistry, or similar.
- You have a graduate degree in science, engineering or business administration as this is preferred.
- If you are fluent in Spanish and/or Portuguese, as this is desired.
- You have 15+ years of experience in research and development/ product development/ innovation
- You have 10+ years of experience leading/developing/coaching technical people and managing P&L responsibilities
- Proven success delivering financial impact through organic growth and margin improvement through innovation
- Experience creating and implementing a strategy, and aligning business processes to create value and meet the market needs
- Project management experience in leading cross-functional teams from concept to commercialization
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary customer teams in B2B market
- Experience working in a global matrix organization
The successful candidate will receive an exceptional base salary, sign-on bonus, comprehensive benefits and full relocation assistance.
This is a progression position and level will be based on candidate experience and business needs.