Design, install, program, and startup control systems, HMI’s, and reporting systems for production lines. Redesign, troubleshoot, and repair control systems to improve productivity. Develop preventative maintenance procedures for production controls. Training of maintenance personnel and supervision of vendor/installation activity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and code programs for PLC’s, Drives, and PC’s in order to control the various processes associated with the manufacturing of cable and report important metrics.
- Design and layout the various electrical control systems associated with cable manufacturing. Includes electrical system checkout and support during installation.
- Utilize the CAD system to design and maintain system drawings.
- Troubleshoot problems associated with the PLC’s, drives, and control systems.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience working with Allen Bradley PLC's and drive controllers
- Strong project management competency and large scale projects, preferred.
- Must be capable of working effectively with vendors and suppliers to resolve process and component issues. Able to function effectively in a team and self-directed work environment preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, required.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control methodologies.
- Knowledge of Design of Experiments for process optimization.
- Knowledge of extrusion processes preferred.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Preferred min of 5+ years relevant process or design controls engineering experience.