Seeking a Texas licensed Professional Engineer who is interested in joining our growing team. This individual should have a specialization in business development and project management within the Transportation Market.
- Strong work-ethic with a servant-leadership mentality
- Ability to apply technical skills to routine projects with excellence.
- Ability to organize teams, communicate well and delegate tasks for the betterment of the team.
- Desire to learn new things and diligence to execute into practice.
- Takes pride in and ownership of team's work.
- Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business.
- Possess the ability to build positive relationships with Clients (DOT, MPO, Transportation Authority, Municipal, County) subconsultants, general public, and co-workers at all levels.
- Must have excellent command of the English language, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of leads.
- Ability to interact with Clients (DOT, MPO, Transportation Authority, Municipal, County) and subconsultants
- Ability to manage and mentor team
- Assists with the QA/QC process within the transportation sector.
Typical tasks to be performed include:
- Project administration, scheduling and coordination
- Interaction with Client and subconsultants
- Utilize staff to develop plans, details and Opinions of Probable Costs
- Mentor and train staff
- Exhibiting a keen interest in a high standard of quality and accuracy
- Visiting construction sites to observe progress and conformance to plans and specifications
- Client relationship management
- Collaborate with Parkhill’s Marketing Department to improve existing marketing materials to present to potential Clients.
- Adjust priorities when appropriate and perform other duties assigned to meet transportation team’s goals.
- Be a Trusted Advisor for clients in resolving issues that arise.
- Drive increased revenue and profit to achieve Parkhill`s ambitious growth targets.
- Develop and maintain relationships with target prospects.
- Assist the marketing team to develop proposals and respond to RFP’s.
- Civic involvement on local, regional and state, transportation focused boards and commissions is preferred.
- Develop and mentor upcoming professionals.
- Exhibiting a keen interest in a high standard of quality and accuracy.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering required
- Passed the Professional Engineer exam and can provide a PE #
- Knowledge of roadway design software such as Microstation, Geopak or OpenRoads
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management Software systems
- 15+ years of previous transportation experience is required
- Previous employment with TxDOT preferred but not required