We are a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety
Globally, our group of companies employ more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, we continuously exchange knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs.
Provide technical support and project management skills towards; the design, evaluation, modification and the procurement of plastic injection molds for “production” and “prototype” requirements. Also may work on gages, fixtures and miscellaneous devices required to complete the production of a molded part.
- Research, develop and prepare specifications for new injection mold projects and/or improvements to existing injection molds.
- Support projects by contributing to the development of project schedules, tracking costs, preparing status reports, conducting team meetings, and communicating issues and progress to management.
- Prepare requests for capital investments including project description, schedule, and costs under the direction of a supervisor.
- Prepare mold design concepts, preliminary layouts and mold component details.
- Coordinate mold design and construction of tools built by B.Braun vendors.
- Evaluate detailed mold design concepts for functionality and product impact.
- Approve designs and details by vendors and in-house drafters/technicians.
- Analyze part designs for moldability and make recommendations to improve concepts.
- Prepare in-house quotations and acquire vendor quotations.
- Assist in debugging the function and cycling of molds prior to releasing the mold to manufacturing.
- Troubleshooting injection mold problems and resolving the issues.
- Design gages, fixtures, or other miscellaneous devices for manufacturing.
- Interact with other departments such as QE, QC, Product Engineering, Manufacturing, etc. to validate tooling and troubleshooting existing products.
- Develops, evaluates and improves industrial manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods and quality control standards.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Communicates manufacturing capabilities, production schedules or other information to facilitate production processes.
- Confers with vendors in order to determine specifications of products and arrange equipment, material purchase and parts.
- Evaluates products based on specifications and quality standards.
- May periodically assist in orienting, training, assigning & checking the work of other peers.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads, subordinates, and peers.
- Occasional contact with external contractors/vendors.
- The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 6-8 years related experience required.
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred.
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on experience.
- Requires full working knowledge of relevant business practices and procedures in professional field. Uses standard theories, principles and concepts and integrates them to propose a course of action.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled