**** Must be willing to relocate to Columbia, South Carolina immediately*****
Contract to Hire Position
• Evaluates existing and planned technology environments for compliance with information security polices and standards.
• Recommends information security measures and practices in accordance with applicable federal, state and industry policies, standards and best practices.
• Administration of Security Operations Center (SOC) security systems and platforms.
• Ability to tune, configure and implement detection logic in security platforms.
• Supports customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of doctrine and policies.
• Analyzes security requirements for the management and administration of security technology.
• Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions that meet security requirements.
• Analyzes general technical problems and provides basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems.
• Evaluate that all information systems are functional and secure.
• Installation, configuration, support and security implementation of tools & services.
• Participates in reviews and updates of security policies, standards, procedures.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
• Infrastructure support for Security Operation Center (SOC) operations
• Have working administrative knowledge with vulnerability management(Tenable)
• Administration experience with Snare log management solution
• Hands on experience with security log collection and enterprise SIEM solution
• Perform administrative and engineering work on Security Operation Center tools
• Knowledge of security administration in one or more of the following areas of technology: network devices/next-generation firewall, EDR, email protection, data security, privileged user management, PKI system and SIEM
• Automation of repeatable tasks with the help of scripting (Python, Linux scripting or Windows Powershell scripting)
• Developing strategies to improve operational workflow
• Updating security tools on Linux and Windows systems
• Provide recommendations to overall system deployment and design
• Develop detailed supporting documentation regarding technical projects
• Write detailed security documentation on technical security assessments, policies and procedures
• Manage customer expectation and attend all mandatory review / regulatory discussions related to the specific project being delivered
• Knowledge and understanding of information risk concepts and principles as a means of relating business needs and security controls
• Ability to communication with audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to effectively perform job duties
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
• Hands-on technical IT and security system administration experience
• Knowledge of information security principles and practices
• Demonstrated ability to learn and administer new systems and tools
• Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
• Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems
• Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
• Advanced experience in networking (TCP/IP) protocols, computer/network security, firewalls and system administration.
• Background in INFOSEC operations, vulnerability assessment, and security-scanning tools.
• Expert in Linux and/or Windows System Administration.
• Expert in Linux shell scripting, Windows Powershell, Python, or Perl.
• Experience with storage systems including SAN, NAS etc.
• Significant experience in system architecture and design techniques.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of data center, cloud-based environments, or Security Operations Center (SOC).
• Ability to interpret customer requirements and develop solutions to meet these requirements
• Have relevant industry IT and/or security certifications. RHCE, Security+
• Security certification desired
• 3+ year of IT Security experience with Master’s Degree
• 5+ year of IT Security experience with Bachelor’s Degree
• SANS, ISC2 or relevant industry recognized certifications