Education: Graduate of a school of Perfusion Technology; Bachelors degree
- Licensed as a Perfusionist in the State of Texas
- Board Certification by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Completion of management/leadership training programs as designated by the institution within first year of employment
- Ongoing management/leadership training programs as designated by organization’s leadership
- Five (5) or more years experience in clinical area of practice
- Three (3) or more years supervisory or management experience
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results.
- May be responsible for the day-to-day supervisory operations of the perfusion department.
- Duties may include: perfusionist function and clinical and personnel problem-solving.
- Formulates and ensures optimal patient outcomes and customer satisfaction through ongoing performance initiatives with multidisciplinary teams according to the age/needs of the patient/population served.
- Participation in department, hospital and/or system-based committees and performance improvement initiatives.
- Supervises monthly financial, operational, and clinical services to ensure adequate staffing and scheduling; screens and selects staff, establishing appropriate level of compensation.
- Addresses performance issues and takes corrective action as necessary; conducts performance reviews in a timely and effective manner.
- Establishes credibility with physicians, management team members, and outside business partners and customers.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement, desired client-centered outcomes, and organizational outcomes.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
We offer an exceptional base salary, full benefits and relocation assistance.