We are seeking a motivated Full-Time Accounts Payable Clerk to join our growing company. The Accounts Payable Clerk will be working in a fast-paced environment and is able to demonstrate initiative, accurate, and on-time technical competence.
Role & Responsibility
- Perform day to day payable transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts payable invoices to accounting system. Ensure accuracy, data integrity, thoroughness, and timeliness.
- Monitors accounts, maintains logs and records, and prepares reports for one or more companies.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Communicates with both vendors and internal customers regarding account status and follows up on inquiries, including assistance with inquires for vendor history, invoice status and payment status.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Performs various clerical duties to provide general assistance as required.
- Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary. Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience in accounts payable functions.
- Associate degree or higher from an accredited College/University a plus.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong work ethic with a "get it done" attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal guidance.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel skills and QuickBooks skills (such as pivot tables, vlookup, and data analysis). Sage knowledge is a plus.
- Must pass a background check.
For immediate consideration, please submit a current resume in addition to a brief cover letter.