We are seeking a motivated full-time Staff Accountant to join our growing company. The Staff Accountant will be working in a fast-paced environment and needs to be able to demonstrate initiative, accurate, on-time technical competence to handle all assigned duties.
Role & Responsibility
- Post journal entries, run reports, complete reconciliations, and analyze variances; Maintain general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts; adjusting entries for prepaids; analyzing and reconciling accounts receivable/payable ledgers; preparing fixed asset depreciation and accruals as directed.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups; keeping information confidential.
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations. Excellent communication skills.
- Strong work ethic with a "get it done" attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal guidance.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel skills and QuickBooks skills (such as pivot tables, vlookup, and data analysis). Sage knowledge is a plus.
- Must have an Associate degree or higher from an accredited College/University.
- 2+ years of experience in Accounting.
- Must be 21 years of age or older. Must pass a background check.