While reporting to the Sourcing Manager, the Lumber Procurement Manager, will be responsible for the procurement and delivery of lumber for Hartselle and Jefferson Plant as well as plywood for Hartselle. You will also develop sources of raw materials at best value. Maintain desired inventory levels and keep abreast of market trends.
What You’ll Be Doing:
· Negotiate price, develop and visit sources, purchase material and arrange shipment Source out mills nationwide to procure material at best value, YOY cost comparisons
· Locate, visit, develop and maintain relationships with suppliers emphasizing ethical, courteous, impartial, and objective behavior
· Will communicate with plants best utilization practice for wood value
· Arrange shipments to meet plant production needs performing necessary follow-up and expediting activities to ensure delivery as required.
· Maintain proper inventory levels by tracking material consumption
· Study market and track purchase history to anticipate changes while reporting on industry competitive situations, alternative supply sources, raw material cost, price trends, etc.
· Assures supplier conformance with all applicable laws and environmental regulations
· Will have direct supervision and performance management responsibility for Lumber Buyers
· Responsible for the management, planning, and scheduling of Lumber Procurement resources to support Reels Division.
· Makes recommendations to management as required to present proposals or update the status of current or planned projects.
This This position is located at our Reels Division offices in beautiful Hartselle, Alabama.
We’d love to hear from you if:
· You have a bachelor’s degree, ideally in business, supply chain or related areas.
· You have 5+years of experience in the Lumber Market
· Experienced in negotiating price, developing sources, purchasing material, and arranging shipment for multiple plants (3).
· You’ve had raw material purchasing experience for lumber, steel, resins, bolts and other hardware and associated markets.