Position Description: Project Manager, Nuclear
Reports to: Project Management Director
This position could be characterized as the ‘general manager’ of one or several highly regulated Nuclear projects. This position oversees the execution of large projects ($1M - $10M) delivering customized robotic equipment to highly regulated industries such as the DOD, DOE as well as deliveries to Commercial Nuclear customers. The Project Managers will manage the resources necessary (within or outside the company) to successfully deliver each project.
The Project Manager’s primary responsibilities include both the management of each of the project teams resourced for assigned projects as delivery schedule, management scope of the work, understanding of the terms and conditions as well as detailed specification management. Multiple projects can be expected in both the execution phase and soliciting and negotiating phase.
Attention will be given to focus the Project Manager and the execution teams on similar types of projects. With this focus, the teams will develop experience that can be leveraged to improve proposal accuracy and project execution on subsequent projects of a similar nature.
- Oversight of projects from beginning to end to ensure their success. Success is defined by, a) total customer satisfaction, b) meeting or exceeding financial and schedule targets (project P&L management), c) conduct consistent with our corporate Values.
- Proposal development and writing. This includes recommended schedule, pricing and cost estimates.
- With support from the Sales teams, the Project Manager will lead the negotiations for the terms, conditions and pricing of the project with the customer. Depending on the customer and situation, will share this role with the sales representative.
- Oversight of the execution of the project (engineering design through to installation) through leadership of the project execution team. This team will include representatives from engineering, manufacturing, field service and materials. Coordination of this team will be through the use of Microsoft Project or some similar scheduling tool. Utilization of this will be direct responsibility of this position.
- Primary customer contact during project execution and as such will handle all discussions about a) schedule and b) contract compliance as it relates to allowable deviations, adders and payment/receivables.
- Project Manager will support the Sales team in the development of new business in area of expertise on an as needed basis
- Bachelors Degree with 5 or more years’ experience in project management experience in custom robotics, machine tools or other electro-mechanical businesses
- Familiarity with large government contracts and an understanding of associated FARs and DFARs
- Competency in Microsoft Project software
- Significant team leadership experience ideally in a project setting
- Familiarity with electro-mechanical systems and related control software
- Professional Project Management certification
- Able to travel up to 30% of the time
You’ve learned about what you’ll be doing, here’s the benefits you’ll gain when you join our team:
- Global team recognized for their passion of inventing
- First-of-a-kind product culture and project exposure
- Training and development from industry-leading experts
- Cutting edge benefit programs that include: 401(k) & matching; Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance; Disability & Life Insurance; PTO, Paid Holidays, & Parental Leave for both Parents; Tuition & Relocation Reimbursement