We are seeking a highly motivated Project Engineer to be based in Austin, TX.
- Design, develop and install power systems and control systems engineering of products in commercial and industrial projects.
- Work with customers, utilities, project partners, as well as other personnel to define the system and then implement the electrical, mechanical and control systems that make up the product.
- Implement electrical, mechanical, and controls for electrical power systems.
- Project Engineering responsibilities in projects from pre-sales to post-commissioning and operations and maintenance.
- Develop documentation such as wiring schematics, 1-line & 3-line diagrams, and project specific drawings; validate and commission equipment for hybrid systems.
- Define control systems and protective relay schemes.
- Develop, perform, and validate commissioning, operational, maintenance and testing procedures for equipment and hybrid systems.
- Use engineering software such as PVSyst, ETAP, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, MATLAB, Simulink etc. to design and implement products.
- Coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, commissioning, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements.
- Work with tools and equipment for remote metering and monitoring, data acquisition, and instrumentation.
- Provide feedback to product development and design engineering teams for hybrid systems.
- Provide support for Sustaining engineering, Service and Maintenance.
- Train other Aggreko personnel such as local field technicians and engineers to install and commission AMSS products.
- Expected to travel (including international) up to 25% of the time.
- Expert level understanding and knowledge of Power systems and Industrial Control Systems.
- Experience and understanding of Grid-tied Inverter/Converter Design.
- 2 years of experience in electrical construction and industrial scale electrical systems.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in grid-scale energy storage systems.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in grid-scale PV systems.
- Degree in EE
- 1 year of experience in micro-grid systems.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, SCADA, PVSyst, ETAP, Matlab/Simulink, SEL AcSELerator Quickset
1. Electrical Engineer degree
2. Power systems – 3 phase power
3. Alternative energy experience – Inverters – 1 to 2 years
4. Test plans for high powered equipment
5. Some controls systems experience
We use our entrepreneurial passion to deliver and we thrive on making great things happen.
We use our blend of experience, expertise and planning to keep us ahead of the game.
We ask the best of each other and harness our scale and diverse skills to grow stronger together.
We learn from the world for a better today and for great leaps tomorrow.
These values embody our culture and are central to Always Orange, the framework we use to engage our employees and drive our business forward.