The Development Team Manager provides leadership of development initiatives, overseeing application development projects and managing team members; serving as a primary technical point of contact for development initiatives; ensuring company applications, databases and ETL processes meet ongoing business needs; prioritizing and scheduling work within the Development team under the direction of the IT Director.
The Development Team Manager also contributes to project work including backend SQL Server, mid-tier and web front end development. The position helps architect, design, build and maintain software solutions. The position also works to integrate various disparate systems and refine existing systems and applications as needed to support company business initiatives.
What you will be doing:
Experience you will need:
- Provides project leadership and oversight of development initiatives under the direction of the IT Director
- Manages, mentors, and leads staff in meeting development initiatives to ensure compliance with departmental goals, objectives and budgets
- Serves as point of escalation within the Development team for technical issues
- Assigns work, prioritizes tasks and oversees priorities and progress against project initiatives
- Performs requirements analysis, architects solutions and utilizes software development life cycle best practices to develop, document, test and maintain robust, user friendly applications and utilities
- Supports iterative, agile development methodologies
- Oversees IDX, ETL, and EDI related data exchange process and procedures
- Ensures application stability, security and overall maintainability
- Mentor developers in best coding / testing practices as needed
- Develops and maintains code documentation, procedures, and policies
- Ensures, develops and maintains database disaster recovery plans in conjunction with overall DR initiatives of the Infrastructure team
- Evaluates new and emerging software and other technologies
- Looks to automate jobs through scheduling and job scripting
- Installs, configures and manages core application code, databases and related software components.
- Monitors, troubleshoots and conducts performance tuning of applications and databases
- Coordinates with other IT team members in a collaborative development environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or university; or equivalent education/experience in the computer science field
- 2+ years prior Dev Team Management or Lead experience
- 10+ years of application development experience, from the user interface to n-tier design, SQL Server relational database layout and development.
- Strong understanding of application security, load balancing, app monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Strong EDI/ETL/IDX familiarity using Web Services, SQL and XML
- Ability to organize, plan, and prioritize tasks
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
- Committed to exceptional customer service
- Must live in Washington