A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America’s largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what’s possible?
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts for business approval. Maintain current and long term forecasts to drive production and inventory planning requirements.
- Design and prepare forecast reporting and analysis tools for all phases of the forecast process.
- Interface with Sales, Marketing, Finance and customers in order to incorporate all aspects of market intelligence in the forecasting environment.
- Participate in product life cycle planning with Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Supply Chain to determine demand during new product introductions, product maturity and end-of-life periods.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain team to effectively align global supply with the demand plan.
- Provide business with updates of forecast information, including ongoing analysis and interpretation of data during monthly forecast review meetings as required.
- Create linkage with retailer counterparts including inventory manager, replenishment specialist, buyer and merchandiser.
- Conduct pro-active research, evaluate findings, and make independent decisions on forecast adjustments.
- Identify improvement opportunities to improve forecast accuracy, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide seamless customer service.
- Work to drive line fill while minimizing inventory exposure.
- Support the S&OP process in conjunction with other Supply Chain groups.
- Bachelors/University degree in Operations, Business or equivalent.
- Two (2) or more years of experience in a packaged goods/consumer products environment with a minimum of two (2) years using forecasting systems.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on the Microsoft Office suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Competent knowledge of forecasting and forecast analysis techniques along with their financial and operational impacts.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with DRP and MPS software systems. SAP experience a plus.
- Detail oriented with the ability to analyze and understand a large volume of data.
- Organizational agility/getting things done through others.
- Ability to learn and implement new and revised software packages.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
- Product knowledge or experience in consumer goods environment.
- Willing to travel as needed to support the business plans.