With direction from division & area controller and the plant manager, the position manages the administrative functions for production, cost analysis, payroll, accounts payable and receivable, monthly financial statements, month end closing, inventory management and annual budgeting. Position also manages purchasing, scheduling, CSR, HR, Oracle activities and other plant administrative functions.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead safety initiatives for administrative employees. Ensure compliance with plant safety rules.
- Supervise administrative positions in preparing analyses and reports in production performance, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, inventory, human resources, and month end closing as scheduled or requested on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Create or modify programs and reports to improve efficiencies in various administrative tasks. Implement new procedures as required by corporate or division staff.
- Create or modify various reports and databases as needed for management of the business. Provide detailed financial data to plant and division personnel as requested. Analyze and report plant operational performance. Utilize data to monitor and report performance by machine, by department, or by shift. Provide suggestions on methods to reduce negative variances.
- Lead all month end closing & financial reporting. Ensure P&L and BS accuracy and support documentation. Complete effective financial analysis in support of division reporting objectives.
- Responsible for maintaining internal controls over all areas of the business. Facilitate all required internal/external control requirements (surveys, reports, documents) and audits.
- Coordinate plant physical inventory including cycle counts. Report & action overaged materials.
- Provide support for cost reduction and scrap reduction programs and teams. Participate in plant capital budget preparation – including IRR development and post audit reviews.
- Lead plant budgeting process.
- Build and maintain productive employee relationships, driving employee satisfaction. Provide direction, training, and development as needed. Provide coaching, counseling, or discipline as needed. Recommend disciplinary action to plant manager. Work with HR to address employee concerns and issues.
- Manage production scheduling, purchasing, CSR and similar functions, as required, to meet customer demands, to manage overtime, to minimize inventory and to reduce costs.
- Interact with plant’s key customers and vendors on plant service performances.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate standard costing on all end related processes currently produced as well as potential business and cost savings analysis.
- Participate/lead plant SPS Supply Chain Pillar.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a 4-year bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or another related field (required)
- MBA, CMA or CPA is desirable
- 2+ years of experience in financial management required
- Manufacturing plant experience preferred